Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Game PADS ... Intermintant USB issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Game PADS ... Intermintant USB issues. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have 3 USB game pads ebay special 6 button sega saturn. They work fine in Linux, OS X and windows XP and 7. Windows 10 seems to be another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by syborfical, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 USB Game PADS ... Intermintant USB issues.

Hi.

I have 3 USB game pads ebay special 6 button sega saturn.
    They work fine in Linux, OS X and windows XP and 7.

Windows 10 seems to be another kettle of fish....

I have 4 desktops and a laptop all running windows 10.

I can sometimes get one of the PADS to work when I plug it in...
    Other times I get USB device is not recognized.
    If I change USB ports eg from 3 to 2 or to another set of USB 2 ports it might work.

I can only have 1 game pad plugged into one set of USB ports the other will not detect all or come up with the USB not reconized error.

Wondering if there is a fix? Its just a windows 10 thing?
    And as I have said they work fine in 7 linux etc it just seems to be something to do with windows 10 and usb.

:)

syborfical, Mar 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 10, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 10 USB Game PADS ... Intermintant USB issues.

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 USB Game PADS ... Intermintant USB issues.

1. Windows 10 USB Game PADS ... Intermintant USB issues. - Similar Threads - USB Game PADS

2. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB: Basically i have gotten a old sidewinder gamepad USB from my parents, the box says its copyright of 2002 and i'm curious what i can do with it currently, if anything i have a windows 10 computer and im wondering if ill need to get a older version of windows or if i can...
  3. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB: Basically i have gotten a old sidewinder gamepad USB from my parents, the box says its copyright of 2002 and i'm curious what i can do with it currently, if anything i have a windows 10 computer and im wondering if ill need to get a older version of windows or if i can...
  4. Compatibility with a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Game Pad prevents Windows 10 computer from going into Sleep mode - Bug: For a long time I was very frustrated because I could not figure out why my computer would not go to sleep by itself. I could make it Sleep by clicking on the Sleep icon in the Windows Power menu, but if I left it turned on and unattended, it would not go to sleep... until I...
  6. USB issue

USB issue: Please bear with me I am not very computer literate. My husband uses a USB that he plugs into the printer to import pictures from his camera. Yesterday and today when he plugged it into the printer the screen was going crazy, kind of like flashing around. It showed the site...
  7. Windows 10: Code Error 43 trying to connect usb game pad

Windows 10: Code Error 43 trying to connect usb game pad: I’m having issues trying to connect an old play station 1 controller to a Asus laptop. It’s not working and after trying to plug and unplug it I keep getting the error 43 about windows not being able to detect the device. The device works fine in another newer laptop that...
  8. Windows 10 USB Game PADS ... Intermintant USB issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 USB Game PADS ... Intermintant USB issues.: Hi. I have 3 USB game pads ebay special 6 button sega saturn. They work fine in Linux, OS X and windows XP and 7. Windows 10 seems to be another kettle of fish.... I have 4 desktops and a laptop all running windows 10. I can sometimes get one of the PADS to work when I...
  9. USB Issue

USB Issue: This may not be the place to ask about this. I have 128GB usb drive for data backup. The drive is bitlockered. When not in use, the drive is stored in a drawer. it is only taken out of the drawer when I want to back up my data. I took the drive out today and put it in my...
  10. Mouse pad works normally, but USB mouse causes issues

Mouse pad works normally, but USB mouse causes issues: I've had this issue since last weekend and I've tried many different things in order to fix it. When I boot up my computer, I can use the mouse pad normally, but as soon as I use the external mouse, I can only either interact with the taskbar or anything else but the taskbar....