Windows 10: Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Teleputer, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Teleputer Win User

Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but then i desired to use my other ssd to make my computer run both windows and linux mint, I have done this before on my dell optiplex 790 and it was flawless, and i have installed windows 10 on my custom computer multiple times before and i had no problems with it, but this time it shows the normal boot screen with "Hit F12 for Boot Options" as normal i hit it boot to the USB, it shows the circling dots and then a black screen, the keyboard and mouse seem to be functioning properly, and i tried all my video outputs, and the USB drive was not Reading or Writing anything, so i tried my other Drive that was only 16 GBs but it did the same thing, and i did use the Windows provided software to make the drive, so then i tried out the hard drive from my optiplex ..... it did the same thing, oh well, now i need the help of the community to fix it

Thanks in Advance

:)

Teleputer, Feb 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Feb 20, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor - Similar Threads - Usb install booting

2. Windows 10 USB boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 USB boots to black screen: Recently I've put together my own computer and I've been trying to install Windows 10, only to have it boot to a black screen and stay there. I've gone into the BIOS and made sure it would boot from the USB. Is there a fix for this or did I pay $99 bucks for a dead on arrival...
  3. Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor: Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Windows. I had two SSDs in the "mirror" dynamic disks, I used Acronis software to "break the mirror" and it broke my entire operating system. I converted the disks to "basic" using the Paragon tool and the datawas not lost, but...
  4. Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen

Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen: I was installing Windows on a friends pc because he had too many viruses on it, after seeing that he had 6 partitions I combined and formatted them into one. After this I began installing it via a usb that I booted off of, after rebooting it was a black screen. We made sure...
  5. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor: I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor. I have tried a bunch of things but to no avail. I don't have any peripherals attached. Everything was working fine until the last shut down, all...
  6. Laptop booting into black screen no cursor and cant use usb

Laptop booting into black screen no cursor and cant use usb: Hi. My laptop with windows 10 on it bsod once and then it didnt restart just shutdown. I didnt know it was a big problem then but when i tried to boot it up, black screen no cursor I have tried using usb but no luck because BIOS has only 1 priority and thats Windows boot...
  7. Booting to black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  8. Windows boots to black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen, no cursor: Windows 10 Prof x64 Sager Laptop, i7 NVidia 980M<br /><br /> This morning I resumed my computer back from sleep and different programs started hanging. So, I decided to restart. I restarted my computer and it stayed on the restart screen for ages, like 30 minutes. So I...
  9. Windows 10 commonly boots to a black screen with no cursor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 commonly boots to a black screen with no cursor?: Yeah, just registered with Ten Forums and all that good stuff, and so here's my first of possibly many issues I shall bring to you. xD I upgraded my preview build of Windows 10 (10130) to the pro final version because the preview wasn't able to find additional builds and kept...
  10. Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor: Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far. i have just upgraded from 7-10...