Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey y'all, I have been trying to fix this for a while now. When I try to install Windows on my new system, I get fed out the "Media driver missing"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZacharyLeff, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing

Hey y'all,

I have been trying to fix this for a while now. When I try to install Windows on my new system, I get fed out the "Media driver missing" message. I have seen all the other people having this issue, and tried a ton of different responses. I have tried switching USB ports, I have tried switching BIOS settings, I have tried about 3-4 different ways of making the boot USB at least, all of the ones that are available to me on Mac. One got me to the media driver message, one gave me an error 0x8007000D, and the others didnt get to the install page. I currently run a Mac, and it is making this so complex for me. Weird that Windows hasnt found a way to make it easier for me to stop using my Mac. Anyways, here are my specs-

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk

Memory- 2x8GB XPG Gammix RAM

SSD- WD 250GB

Video Card- EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070

PSU- Corsair RM750x

Thanks in advance

:)

ZacharyLeff, Dec 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 28, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing

windows 10 install media driver missing

Hello, let's go

Method 1: Clean installation using Media Creation tool.

Follow the suggestions provided under the section Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information) from the article on Download Windows 10 to create
    an installation media and perform clean installation.

Method 2: When you are trying to install Windows 10 using DVD, burn ISO with the slowest speed.

If it’s through USB drive, you get a prompt which asks regarding the driver, click on Cancel.

Once when you reach the welcome screen, insert the USB drive to a different USB port and click on Install Now option to install Windows 10.

Note: Kindly make sure that the ISO is not corrupted.

See the debate

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

For more complete information on the subject and alternative means, I searched for a recent article with good content for you

https://windowsreport.com/media-driver-missing-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft site. The page appears to be providing accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on the site that may advertise products often classified as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly search for any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

EliasFernando, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing

1. Windows 10 USB Install- Media Driver Missing - Similar Threads - USB Install Media

2. Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers": System info at the bottom.After changing out hard drives and trying to reinstall Windows 10, I now encounter an error.A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it,...
  3. Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers": System info at the bottom.After changing out hard drives and trying to reinstall Windows 10, I now encounter an error.A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it,...
  4. Windows 10 Media Instalation is missing "Media Drivers"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing windows 10 missing media drivers

Installing windows 10 missing media drivers: Hello,I have an ASUS M415 with an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor. I currently have Linux Garuda installed on it. I am trying to reinstall windows 10. However, when booting from a USB I receive the message: A media driver your computer needs is missing. See picture below. I have...
  6. Windows 10 installer 'A media driver is missing’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installer 'A media driver is missing’: Hey y'all, I'm doing a Windows 10 install through a USB Flash drive, I got the ISO here , I flashed it via Ventoy. I have tried Redownloading the ISO Reinstalling Ventoy I tried using a USB gen 2 slot but Ventoy won't boot the ISO image. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. windows 10 install media driver missing

windows 10 install media driver missing: Hello, i bought a HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0001na laptop at the end of last year, and to much avail installed linux on it for uni work. I have recently been wanting to game on it, as i originally intended to, and could not do it on linux due to the laptop having an amd cpu...
  8. "Media driver missing" Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Media driver missing" Windows 10 installation: I am trying to setup a newly built PC. During the UEFI boot installation for Windows 10 I get stuck at "A media driver that your computer needs is missing" in the Windows 10 installer. I created a USB Boot Drive with the Windows 10 ISO downloaded from Microsoft. It's a USB...
  9. Windows 10 install fail--missing media drivers (USB)

Windows 10 install fail--missing media drivers (USB): I've seen several guides on how to fix this, but none seem to help. I'm running a Fujitsu s751. Things I've tried: Changing USB ports Checking if the ISO is corrupt Using a different storage device Installing Intel Rapid share drivers Wiping the drive (...
  10. Media Driver is missing - Windows 10 USB Flash installation

Media Driver is missing - Windows 10 USB Flash installation: Hi. I had Windows 10 installed on my PC, but, after a W10 update, I realized that I couldn't get to the BIOS during bootup ("press F2/Del" screen wasn't appearing anymore), so I decided to clean install Windows 10. This exact same thing already happened to me some months...