Windows 10: Windows 10 usb install restarting after a hard drive failure

Discus and support Windows 10 usb install restarting after a hard drive failure in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My very old SSD failed over night and I'm not too worried about it. what I am worried about is the fact that I'm not able to install windows on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sixpar, Oct 6, 2020.

1. /u/sixpar Win User

Windows 10 usb install restarting after a hard drive failure

My very old SSD failed over night and I'm not too worried about it. what I am worried about is the fact that I'm not able to install windows on my machine anymore. For some reason I'm able to install many flavors of linux with the same USB(s) that are giving me trouble with windows 10

Here's is a video of happens when I boot my machine with all the hard drives unplugged but with a usb stick with only the bootable iso on it video

submitted by /u/sixpar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sixpar, Oct 6, 2020
  2. little cat, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 6, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 usb install restarting after a hard drive failure - Similar Threads - usb install restarting

2. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  3. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  4. Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update

Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update: Hardware Test Scan resulted in failure and a code: Q4U7HT-7SSAMR-XD7WLK60RR03I tried to put the code in HP but it said it wasn't valid. hp.com/g/techcenter/PcDiagsUpdate is still attempting to install a June security update that it cannot install. PC freezes and locks and...
  5. windows 10 activation after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation after hard drive failure: my hard drive failed HP pavilion g6 notebook PC I5 1T quite old before Christmas lost everything - unable to boot - couldn't load Norton to access backed up files in July 20- resorted to using my work laptop usb stick to access tools which has now got me access to pc which i...
  6. Window 10 Hard drive Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Hard drive Failure: My laptop I purchased in December 2017 had a hard drive failure. I have gone to HP for troubleshooting and nothing seems to fix it. I am ok with getting another Hard drive however I cannot find the image file the I backed up. How can I reload Windows 10 on the new hard...
  7. hard drive failure after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive failure after Windows 10 update: My Lenovo computer is four years old. When the latest Windows 10 update came up saying that the old version would not be supported in the future, I let it update. The first night, it was fine and I shut it down. The next night it updated again, and I shut it down afterward....
  8. Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure

Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure: Hello all. Recently the hard drive on my computer failed. I formatted the hard drive so everything was erased. Now I am left wondering how I will be able to redownload windows 10 without purchasing it all together. I no longer have the windows 7 disk that originally came with...
  9. Windows 10 Re-install after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Re-install after hard drive failure: wher do I get a copy of windows 10 to replace mine after a drive failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-re-install-after-hard-drive-failure/0c95d048-18a3-4493-aa5b-8cf2de320866
  10. USB External Hard drive keeps restarting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB External Hard drive keeps restarting on Windows 10: I just installed Windows 10 on Virtualbox, hosted on my Mac. I finally got it to read my flash drive so I moved on to my external hard drive. When I plug it into my usb drive, it just keeps turning on and off and then on and off and it just keeps going like that. I have set...