Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was installing Windows on a friends pc because he had too many viruses on it, after seeing that he had 6 partitions I combined and formatted them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FadeFA, Jul 10, 2019.

1. FadeFA Win User

Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen

I was installing Windows on a friends pc because he had too many viruses on it, after seeing that he had 6 partitions I combined and formatted them into one. After this I began installing it via a usb that I booted off of, after rebooting it was a black screen. We made sure the installation was up to date and I have looked at similar questions to this one with no luck. Thanks in advance.

:)

FadeFA, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 10, 2019
  3. windows 10 can't boot, black screen.

Hello,

• What is the make and model of you system?
    • Do you receive any exact error message?
    There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen. These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer. The main causes observed are:

• The video output is being sent to an unexpected port
    • Problems with the driver for your display adapter
    I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions provided by Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015 and see if this helps in resolving the issue.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

If the issue still persists, perform Startup Repair using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps. Initiating repair from DVD may have different results.

Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your computer for the problem and then tries to fix it so your computer can start correctly.

Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. This set of tools is located on your computer's hard disk and on the Windows installation disc.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

• Insert the installation DVD or USB
      and boot Windows 10 from it.

• In the ‘Windows setup’
      page, select thelanguage to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
      ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select
      Startup Repair'
      and select the operating system.
    You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from DVD.

Note:
    Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings

Keep us posted with the status of black screen issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 10, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen - Similar Threads - USB Installation Boot

2. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10: I got a problem when trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The screen went black after I selected to boot from USB. My motherboard is EVGA X299 FTW-K. In the beginning I tried to change BIOS boot priority and left only UEFI USB enabled. After that it stuck with...
  3. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10: I got a problem when trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The screen went black after I selected to boot from USB. My motherboard is EVGA X299 FTW-K. In the beginning I tried to change BIOS boot priority and left only UEFI USB enabled. After that it stuck with...
  4. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 USB boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 USB boots to black screen: Recently I've put together my own computer and I've been trying to install Windows 10, only to have it boot to a black screen and stay there. I've gone into the BIOS and made sure it would boot from the USB. Is there a fix for this or did I pay $99 bucks for a dead on arrival...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  7. Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer

Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer: I have tried to reinstall windows on my laptop because it is running slow. But when I try to boot from the USB that the media creation tool made, nothing happens. The DELL logo wheel spins around for awhile and then the screen goes black and nothing happens ever that....
  8. Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB: Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other...
  9. Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor: So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but then i desired to use my other ssd to make my computer run both windows and linux mint, I have done this before on my dell...
  10. Windows 10 USB Installation Black Screen

Windows 10 USB Installation Black Screen: Hey guys, Kinda disappointed, after buying Windows 10, I got my USB to install Windows 10. First try I got further than the loading screen, formatted a partition and tried to install windows, that gave me an error so I deleted a partition and made a new one. That gave me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 bootable usb black screen