Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I recently built my first computer and wanted to install windows 10. I had ordered a windows 10 installation usb from amazon. However whenever i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamDavis109, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble

So I recently built my first computer and wanted to install windows 10. I had ordered a windows 10 installation usb from amazon. However whenever i try to install it I have 2 issues:

1) If I try to install it through UEFI USB, it fails to start.

2) If I just go through the USB(not UEFI), it will start the setup, but when I get to the part where I pick where to install it, no matter what I try to do from there is restarts the setup.

Any ideas on what might fix the issue?

:)

WilliamDavis109, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 12, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble

1. Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble - Similar Threads - USB Installation Trouble

2. Trouble getting Windows 10 to install from USB Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble getting Windows 10 to install from USB Drive: I want to install Windows 10 on a new SSD that I am replacing my old SSD with. I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a USB drive to install Windows. My problem is that my PC keeps rebooting after the Windows installation completes. The below picture shows the last...
  3. Trouble installing Windows 10 through USB on a new PC build

Trouble installing Windows 10 through USB on a new PC build: Message is "Windows setup could not install one or more boot-critical drivers. To install windows make sure that drivers are valid and restart the installation." There is no CD, just USB. Please help!...
  4. Trouble with using USB Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with using USB Hub: I recently updated to Version 1607 and I am having problems with USB devices, specifically with USB Hubs.* Upon startup I get a message that the recently installed USB device was not recognized.* I go to Device Manager and find that there is a*yellow triangle next to one of...
  5. Windows 10 Fresh Install Troubles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Troubles: So yesterday I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and ran into numerous issues. The first being that freshly installed apps are not showing up in the search bar when I go to search for them to run them, I found out through some research that there aren't new shortcuts to the...
  6. Very much trouble installing Windows 10.

Very much trouble installing Windows 10.: Dear users, First I tried the windows update installation. I get a C1420127 error in the preparing installation part. Details of that ^: Upgrade To Windows 10 Home Installatiedatum: ‎8/‎29/‎2015 3:29 PM Installatiestatus: Failed Foutdetails: Code...
  7. Trouble installing 10

Trouble installing 10: Trying to install 10 preview build 9926 as a dual boot with Win 7. I have a separate blank hard drive for the Win 10. Using a DVD with the ISO burned on it. When I try to install after getting into "custom install" it states I can't install because my disks have the MBR...
  8. Trouble on a Clean install of Windows 10.

Trouble on a Clean install of Windows 10.: Hi Guys, I am attempting a clean install of Windows 10 on my Hp x360 Laptop. The install goes quite well and then it restarts and boots straight to the HDD. It gets to "Getting Ready" before getting stuck. Its stays on that screen for 2 hours or so. I have restarted...
  9. trouble with install

trouble with install: I have just got a computer with windows 10 on. I previously had all my CAD software on windows 7. I have had to upgrade as my old computer died. my problem is I have 1 possibly 2 programs that I cant even install from windows 8 and 10. I am not sure what options I have? the...
  10. Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD

Trouble installing windows 10 to SSD: I'm running into trouble while upgrading my PC. I've purchased and installed these products today: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 2400 CL16 Intel Core i5 6400 Scythe Mugen 4 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB I installed them, booted up and everything worked...