Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I recently built my first computer and wanted to install windows 10. I had ordered a windows 10 installation usb from amazon. However whenever i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamDavis109, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble

So I recently built my first computer and wanted to install windows 10. I had ordered a windows 10 installation usb from amazon. However whenever i try to install it I have 2 issues:

1) If I try to install it through UEFI USB, it fails to start.

2) If I just go through the USB(not UEFI), it will start the setup, but when I get to the part where I pick where to install it, no matter what I try to do from there is restarts the setup.

Any ideas on what might fix the issue?

:)

WilliamDavis109, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 12, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble

1. Windows 10 USB Installation Trouble - Similar Threads - USB Installation Trouble

2. Trouble with USB windows 10 install for dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with USB windows 10 install for dual boot: I followed these instructions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-on-a-windows-11/0752ea25-4ba3-43af-b75b-2b297c3cd10fAnd Booted from USB In setup on select driver to install, my partition isn't there. No drives show up. Please...
  3. Trouble with USB windows 10 install for dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with USB windows 10 install for dual boot: I followed these instructions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-on-a-windows-11/0752ea25-4ba3-43af-b75b-2b297c3cd10fAnd Booted from USB In setup on select driver to install, my partition isn't there. No drives show up. Please...
  4. Trouble with USB windows 10 install for dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trouble Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Installing Windows 10: I’m trying to install windows 10 onto an ssd, but it’s not showing up when it asks which drive to install to. Also, bringing up a command prompt places me in X:\Sources, and using diskpart then list disk shows my drive Disc 0, Online. I have no other drives connected to my...
  6. Trouble with Windows10 install via USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble with Windows10 install via USB: Hello guys/girls, I'm having trouble installing Windows from USB media. I've never had this problem before. I recently upgrade my main PC and decided to upgrade my media/server PC with my old parts. Hardware wise, everything works, compatibility is not an issue, etc. Here is...
  7. Trouble installing Windows 10 from laptop USB drive

Trouble installing Windows 10 from laptop USB drive: I was given a laptop buy a friend - it's a Samsung NP470R5E. I am trying to upgrade the laptop from Windows 8 (which is what it's running now) to Windows 10. I have went into the laptop BIOS and set everything so it will boot from a USB drive, then I downloaded Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 install trouble

Windows 10 install trouble: So I recently ran into sone troubke after installing AMDs chipset drivers and my pc would no longer boot without blue screening. So i took the liberty of trying to reinstall Windows but a new problem occurred. During the install when it reatarts i get an error that pops up...
  9. USB troubles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB troubles: Hi, recently I've been having an issue with my usb ports. I can currently have my keyboard, mouse and an external hardrive plugged in, but if I try to plug in anything else, one of them will be deactivated, as if its prioritizing certain ports. I've tried all of my usb ports...
  10. Trouble getting Windows 10 to install from USB Drive

Trouble getting Windows 10 to install from USB Drive: I want to install Windows 10 on a new SSD that I am replacing my old SSD with. I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a USB drive to install Windows. My problem is that my PC keeps rebooting after the Windows installation completes. The below picture shows the last...