Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I'm desperately trying to format my laptop and install brand-new Windows 10 on it. At first, I downloaded Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yarinlowe, Jan 13, 2017.

1. yarinlowe Win User

Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo

Hi!
    I'm desperately trying to format my laptop and install brand-new Windows 10 on it.
    At first, I downloaded Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and tried to upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
    The installation failed saying:
    I searched the internet for this, turns out to be, common problem, but couldn't fix it.
    Then, I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10 - So I created a bootable USB device.
    I created it multiple times, using Microsoft's MCT:
    - Directly burn the Disk-On-Key
    - Create an ISO and then burn it with Rufus

I also tried creating the installer on several DOKs.
    The installer actually works and boots successfuly on my desktop computer, but not on my laptop.
    On the laptop, it says "press any key to boot from USB...", then Windows' blue logo screen shows up, and freezes.
    I tried playing with the BIOS settings, including enabling Legacy boot.
    Some similar threads said disable secure boot or something like that, but I don't have it in my BIOS.

I am really desperate for help, I just want to format my laptop and have Windows 10 installed.

Some more important points:
    - My laptop is 64bit, the installer is made for 64bit CPU.
    - My desktop is also 64bit (actually i5 also), and the installer works there
    - The laptop is dual-booted with Ubuntu 14.04

Thanks is advance for helpers!

:)

yarinlowe, Jan 13, 2017

2. Windows 10 Install Hangs - Clean Install from ISO/USB 64bit

I had previously upgraded my computer from 7 to 10 with no issues. My HD just started to fail, and I decided to do a clean install on the brand new HD. First I tried the USB tool, It boots fine, but gets stuck on the Blue Windows logo. No system activity,
    ctrl+alt+del is the only thing to get out of it.

So I figured it was the USB drive, I procede to make a 64bit ISO and run that, same process. Stuck at Blue windows logo, Both times it has been stuck for over an hour.

I dont understand why I would have a problem, the only change is my HD, why would it cause it not to install when the original install was seamless.

My pc fully meets and excedes all system requirements.

Anthony Frandsen, Jan 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 isn't starting

Hi!

I tried several times using different methods to update my windows 7 to 10. Tried using the Media Creation Tool for update, creating media in a USBdrive and updating through windows update. Every time everything installs but when my PC restarts, it got stuck
    under a black screen with a windows blue logo. Then I turn off my PC and star again, it goes back to Win7 with the error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 and says something like there was an error in SAFE_OS during BOOT

I also tried do a clean install using a USB flashdrive and it didn't even start. It got stuck in the same black and blue logo screen.

Thanks in advance

Felipe Aguayo, Jan 13, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Read my quote in the middle of the OP in this thread:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

I would replace the boot.wim file in the sources folder on the USB flash drive with boot.wim from Kyhi's Recovery tools. If the computer boots all the way into Kyhi's recovery tools, then you can run setup.exe from the flash drive and Windows 10 install will have a better chance for success.

NavyLCDR, Jan 14, 2017
  5. yarinlowe Win User
    Thanks for your help, but unfortunately it didn't work.
    The flash drive with Kyhi's boot.wim still gets stuck when booting.

I'm actually desperate! *Sad

yarinlowe, Jan 20, 2017
  6. Avocado Win User
    Avocado, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo - Similar Threads - USB Installer Stuck

2. Installer stuck on blue logo no spinning dots.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installer stuck on blue logo no spinning dots.: Literally brand new computer ALL of the opponents are brand new except the gpu but that works and i just dont know whats going on, any tips guys? Btw heres my pc build submitted by /u/naldo29 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 installation from usb gets stuck on the Windows logo

Windows 10 installation from usb gets stuck on the Windows logo: I have built an entirely new PC about a week ago and since then I have been struggling with installing Windows on it. I have setup a USB stick with the installation using the MediaCreationTool. Then with the USB stick plugged in the new PC and setting the boot order to the...
  4. Windows 10 USB booteable stick is stuck on windows blue logo.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB booteable stick is stuck on windows blue logo.: Hello, I'm the owner of a samsung RV-511 Notebook that I recently upgraded the SSD, the computer originally had Windows 7 and I just swapped the old HDD to a new SSD from the GigaByte brand. I created my windows 10 installation USB stick using the known tool called Rufus,...
  5. stuck on blue logo when booting from usb

stuck on blue logo when booting from usb: I tried to download windows 10 from the website it paused/failed multiple times but the sha256 checksum was okay and it wasn't corrupt so I used rufus. But when I boot from the usb I get stuck on the logo Ryzen processor , no igpu Radeon graphics The installation works...
  6. windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo: Hi, I bout a new computer never had an OS installed on it. I used the windows media creator to create an installer on a USB 64 bit, and after that I tried installing it on my new computer. I opened my BIOS change it so it will boot from the USB, and then "saved & exit"...
  7. Windows 10 stuck installing at logo

Windows 10 stuck installing at logo: hello i just recently finished building my pc and everything seems to run fine. I downloaded the windows installer to a usb and when i boot it up it rolls a couple dots at the logo then freezes completely. I dont think it has anything to do with me messing up the build but i...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on blue logo no dots

Windows 10 stuck on blue logo no dots: Recently, I booted up my unused windows 10 SSD. It was all going smooth at first. I was downloading programs, so I left the computer running for the night (about 6-8h) and turned the monitor off. Next morning I turned it back on. There wasn't anything on the screen. After a...
  9. Windows 10 installation stuck at blue logo(no spinning dots)

Windows 10 installation stuck at blue logo(no spinning dots): All, I downloaded windows 10 ISO(I purchased it) file and created bootable DVD and USB using Rufus. I want to install windows 10 in one of the system which had corrupted windows 7 in SSD(No data or nothing is required) My system config is below Intel i5(4th gen)...
  10. Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit stuck @ Blue Logo

Clean Install of Windows 10 64bit stuck @ Blue Logo: Hello, I currently have Win10 32bit Pro . I made a bootable USB and DVD to upgrade to the 64bit Home version, both yield the same results. Each time I try to perform a clean install, it just hangs at the blue windows logo, no spinning circle just the logo. I let it sit for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installer stuck at windows 10 blue logo

2. windows 10 usb install stuck at logo

3. installer stuck on blue windows logo