Windows 10: Windows 10 usb installer

Discus and support Windows 10 usb installer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I've just built a computer and bought Windows 10 but when I try to boot from it the computer turns off. Even when I'm just in the bios and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Solaris207, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 usb installer

Hi there I've just built a computer and bought Windows 10 but when I try to boot from it the computer turns off. Even when I'm just in the bios and I plug it in after a few seconds it will turn off. I would be really grateful for any help you might be able to offer.

:)

Solaris207, Feb 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 12, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 10 usb installer

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 usb installer

1. Windows 10 usb installer - Similar Threads - usb installer

2. Using Rufus to create installation USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Rufus to create installation USB: Hi all, I've been having ridiculous amounts of trouble getting the Media Install tool (whatever its called) from Microsoft to create an USB Installer for windows - I'm done with it, don't want to use it. I've heard there's a program called Rufus, from here: https://rufus.ie...
  3. On my windows install usb drive, how can I tell windows version?

On my windows install usb drive, how can I tell windows version?: Sometime ago I created a usb install drive for windows. It is either 1809 or 1803, how can I tell which one? 131023
  4. WIndows 10 install with no bootable USB/DVD, deleting the install files

WIndows 10 install with no bootable USB/DVD, deleting the install files: Hi all, I searched in vain for a solution for this, and in fact, what I have done appears a bit unusual, but I'm sure someone can help me. I have just upgraded an old Asus K50IJ laptop (circa 2010, 4gb, Intel t4400@2.2Ghz, Windows 7 Home), with a new SSD, and a clean...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro to a new hdd with Home version install USB

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro to a new hdd with Home version install USB: Hello, I have a Dell XPS 8700 that came with Windows 8.1 Pro, I upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. The original hard drive is dying so I'm going to replace it with a SSD. My question is, since the XPS' version is Windows 10 Pro, can I use an Windows 10 Home...
  6. error when install windows 7 , from usb

error when install windows 7 , from usb: I did a burning of Windows 7 on USB and when I enter the boot manager I can not find the name of the usb but I find only Windows and Phoenix, but when I open the legacy support appears the name of the usb, but when I click on the usb shows me error: This drive can only boot...
  7. usb installation of windows 10 going black and rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb installation of windows 10 going black and rebooting: Every time i try to install windows on my computer via a usb drive, i reach this screen for a sec then it turns black and reboots! HELP![ATTACH] This is my computer story. About 3 month ago I builded a computer* for gaming purpose. I installed windows 10 with a usb drive...
  8. error with install windows with usb

error with install windows with usb: I've done Burn for Windows 7 on USB and I have locked the secure boot and opened the legacy Support and when I do a restart to my computer even enter the settings Boot Manager and click to usb name i have this error : This drive can only boot in UEFI mode , it can not boot...
  9. How do I use a USB or external HD to install windows updates on a 27 GB SSD?

How do I use a USB or external HD to install windows updates on a 27 GB SSD?: Hi, I have a Lenovo note pad running Win 10 pro 64. It has a 32 GB SSD and only 9 GB of free space. Windows automatic update won't install Features update to Windows 10, version 1803 amd64 2019-04. I've run the clean disk file and deleted all non-critical files I can but...
  10. install windows with usb

install windows with usb: Hello , I've done a burn for Windows on USB : https://i.imgur.com/kf4dbIr.png what can I do then install Windows 7 next to my Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-with-usb/13bd30b9-31a5-47f9-aaa3-bf70256a818e