Windows 10: Windows 10 usb installs just fine until....

Discus and support Windows 10 usb installs just fine until.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello their I was hoping you could possibly help me out. Steps taken so far: Using the Windows 10 media creation tool I have created a boot disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gprime1977, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 usb installs just fine until....

Hello their I was hoping you could possibly help me out.

Steps taken so far:

Using the Windows 10 media creation tool I have created a boot disk onto a USB stick.

I have set the boot order to read from the usbstick first.

I type in mywindows 10 key that was sent to me in my email when I purchased windows 10.

I follow through on all the prompts answering as I want my system to be setup. No,no,no, Oh heck no, no, and no some more. Windows 10 is still so far happy.

I even get the the part wher windows 10 says "Hi, we are getting everything ready" on the screen and then I can finally start using windows 10 as one would expect. Every thing is fine.

I go to update anything that needs to be updated. Windosw10 informs me that the video card driver which is a "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX" will require a reboot to work better. I wait untill everything else has been updated and installed before finally shutting down. / restarting, I have tried both.

I remove all periferials mouse, keyboard, and physical internet connection.

I restart my computer and I now have a black screen after seeing the windows 10 logo and some dots start to be juggled. This then stops mid jungle and now I'm stuck. I have waited for 2 days and nothing

Next I try:
    I have tried to re install from the beginning. I get to the point where the system is usefull again. Meaning I can surf the web install windows 10 updates add apps extra, This time instead of resetting after the updates have asked me to, I instead enter into the system power settings under "What the Power Buttons Do" and then under "Change Settings" I uncheck Fast Startup"

I try sitting down / restarting again I have tried both. I'm now back to the frozen balls.

Wait 2 days, wash rinse repeat.

Final actual question:
    What can I do to allow windows 10 to stay in a state that is usefull as apposed to my frozen balls problem. Which is very non usefull and frustrating.

:)

Gprime1977, Jul 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 25, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 10 usb installs just fine until....

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 usb installs just fine until....

1. Windows 10 usb installs just fine until.... - Similar Threads - usb installs fine

2. Windows 10 usb install on laptop stuck at just a moment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 usb install on laptop stuck at just a moment: My old ssd died so i had to get a new ssd. i did a usb install of windows 10 on my gaming laptopHigh end and it has been stuck at just a moment for the last 3 hours. and since i have it hooked up the 1gb ethernet and my laptop is pretty high end shouldn't it be done...
  3. Windows 10 usb install on laptop stuck at just a moment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 usb install on laptop stuck at just a moment: My old ssd died so i had to get a new ssd. i did a usb install of windows 10 on my gaming laptopHigh end and it has been stuck at just a moment for the last 3 hours. and since i have it hooked up the 1gb ethernet and my laptop is pretty high end shouldn't it be done...
  4. Windows 10 usb install on laptop stuck at just a moment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New computer can install Ubuntu just fine but is unable to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New computer can install Ubuntu just fine but is unable to install Windows 10: submitted by /u/Lv_InSaNe_vL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6krs1/new_computer_can_install_ubuntu_just_fine_but_is/
  6. Windows 10 new install from USB just loops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 new install from USB just loops: I am remotely mentoring a middle school student who is building his own gaming PC SATA SSD drive, no CD. We successfully installed Windows 10 from a USB drive onto his virgin SSD. The Windows ran fine, he was ecstatic. We then updated Windows, and went on to update the...
  7. Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Computer BSODs once and then is fine until it is turned off,...: Hi guys, So I recently built a new computer (around three months ago) and since then it's been BSODing usually within 20-30 minutes of starting it up. What is strange to me though is that it when it happens, the next startup of the computer will run completely fine until it...
  8. No audio device installed in windows 10, this has worked fine until today.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio device installed in windows 10, this has worked fine until today.: Need to know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-device-installed-in-windows-10-this-has/8e29c0dc-58a7-4072-bb61-d85818f1dd6c
  9. Wireless works fine on new install until I run Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless works fine on new install until I run Windows Update: I have an elderly but perfectly functional Acer 5920 laptop (I upgraded it extensively in the years). It has an Intel 3945ABG wifi chipset. I've been running Linux on it since forever, but it became necessary to put Windows on it. I installed Windows 8.1 and everything...
  10. Printers working fine until update to 10074

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers working fine until update to 10074: I had two printers hooked up in wireless mode, a Samsung ML-2525W and a Brother inkjet MFC_J870DW. Both were working fine until the recent update and both dropped off the network. I reinstalled the driver for the Samsung and providing I have it wired to a USB port on the...