Windows 10: Windows 10 USB is corrupted after a single use HELP PLEASE

Discus and support Windows 10 USB is corrupted after a single use HELP PLEASE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I purchased windows 10 about a year ago when I got a new pc, I purchased the USB version as there is no cd drive on my computer. I formatted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wiredtech, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Wiredtech Win User

Windows 10 USB is corrupted after a single use HELP PLEASE

So I purchased windows 10 about a year ago when I got a new pc, I purchased the USB version as there is no cd drive on my computer.

I formatted my SSD on the initial launch, but was still waiting for my hard drives to arrive so could not format them.

After installing windows 10 on my SSD and waiting a couple of weeks for the hard drives to arrive, I installed my hard drives into the tower and connected the usb and fired it up only to find out the windows 10 USB is corrupted after only ever being used once, how is this possible and how do i get this fixed?

This is pretty crazy considering the OS is over 100 dollars and there is no designated support anywhere to be found.

How do i fix or replace this USB????

:)

Wiredtech, Jan 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB is corrupted after a single use HELP PLEASE - Similar Threads - USB corrupted single

2. Windows heavily corrupted: Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows heavily corrupted: Please help!: so today i tried to install AME 11 and it showed an error while setting the username, so i like start exploler using taskmgr because it was closed, but guess what i found out? the user ****i have the admin user activated tho THE WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICES ARE **** PLEASE HELP...
  3. Windows heavily corrupted: Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows heavily corrupted: Please help!: so today i tried to install AME 11 and it showed an error while setting the username, so i like start exploler using taskmgr because it was closed, but guess what i found out? the user ****i have the admin user activated tho THE WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICES ARE **** PLEASE HELP...
  4. Please Help, Windows bug/corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Help, Windows bug/corrupted files: Hello, I got a new pc a while back but since then I encountered a windows bug, so what this bug did was that sometimes my windows button stops working, my mouse scroll wheel click doesn't work, I cannot right click on anything to get more options, it shows and then instantly...
  5. Please Help, Windows bug/corrupted files

Please Help, Windows bug/corrupted files: Hello, I got a new pc a while back but since then I encountered a windows bug, so what this bug did was that sometimes my windows button stops working, my mouse scroll wheel click doesn't work, I cannot right click on anything to get more options, it shows and then instantly...
  6. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :: Hello! I will get straight to the point! Windows Recovery found corrupt files But couldn’t fix some of themCannot install and Update files for Windows 10Disk drive cannot be accessed despite administrative privileges Attempted to access again through command prompt, disk...
  7. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :: Hello! I will get straight to the point! Windows Recovery found corrupt files But couldn’t fix some of themCannot install and Update files for Windows 10Disk drive cannot be accessed despite administrative privileges Attempted to access again through command prompt, disk...
  8. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Please help, win corrupt after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help, win corrupt after update: Hi. I've done a system restore, DiSM and SFC and my laptop is still unusable. Mouse clicks are ignored, windows that are opneed can't be closed and only keyboard shortcus work, right click menus never disappear. Please help, I can't work atm. submitted by...
  10. Please, help me with my corrupt Windows :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Please, help me with my corrupt Windows :(: Plz help me, i was using my pc as always and i got a bsod, it went so fast as i cant saw which stopcode. Then it restarted and stuck on manufacturers loading animation (hp) so i decided to hard shut down (i know, that move was stupid) the next time i turned on pc it appears a...