Windows 10: Windows 10 USB is failing to install

Discus and support Windows 10 USB is failing to install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I've just finished building a new pc but haven't been able to successfully install it via the USB i purchased on Amazon from Microsoft. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shawn-Long, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 USB is failing to install

Hello

I've just finished building a new pc but haven't been able to successfully install it via the USB i purchased on Amazon from Microsoft. When i get to the boot manager, i get the option for 32 or 64 bit. I use 64 bit so I choose that one. The "loading files" bar loads all the way up, then takes me to this error screen. Windows 10 USB  is failing to install 31b27560-f815-4d00-9272-735834ddb507?upload=true.jpg Is it a hardware problem or the bios isn't updated? I've never experienced this before building pc. Any help is much appreciated.

Also, I have a cope of Window's 10 on a cd as well but can't get the DVD drive to auto load.

:)

Shawn-Long, Jul 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 30, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows 10 USB is failing to install

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 USB is failing to install

1. Windows 10 USB is failing to install - Similar Threads - USB failing install

2. MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10: [IMG]MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is a communication protocol that is used to transfer the media and other files between two portable devices or between a computer and a smartphone. To use this communication protocol, you need to install an MTP device driver on your...
  3. Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.: Hi, I am trying to create Windows 10 Media on USB, "Scandisk 64GB", but it keeps failing. I googled many times, tried the ways showed on Youtube, but none of them worked. I can try to run exe.file on USB, but it shows error code, "0x80080005 - 0x90018". Please kindly...
  4. Windows 10 Installation "fails" from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Installation "fails" from USB: So I'm at my wits end with this. I've been trying to install Windows 10 on an old tower of mine that sat kinda dormant for a year. It's not too old, but I'm completely baffled as to why it just refuses Windows 10. Okay so, I've tried 4 different USB sticks: 2x 32GB sticks...
  5. Windows 10 installation from bootable usb failed

Windows 10 installation from bootable usb failed: Hi there! I have an old version of windows 10 installed on my desktop pc, and I've downloaded the new .iso update from microsoft website and successfully managed to install this new version of windows 10 on my laptop which was also running on an old version of windows 10,...
  6. Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing: I am trying to install a fresh copy reformatted the hard disk of windows 10 using a USB Created an installation media on a USB flash drive Win 10 pro from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Changed the boot order on the other PC so that...
  7. Windows 10 install through USB media fails

Windows 10 install through USB media fails: Hello, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an old machine, currently running on Vista. I turned a USB key into an install media with the official media creation tool. Once I've setup the BIOS to boot on USB, the computer does boot on it: I can see a black screen with a...
  8. Usb driver installation fail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb driver installation fail: Hello! I’m trying to install latest usb drivers for a Korg keyboard. After setup starts, I ger an error message saying that setup cant find drvtools.sys, a file which was suposedly unpacked from the installation package and is present in the system, just not where setup is...
  9. Windows 10 installation USB fails

Windows 10 installation USB fails: Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum and I hope in advance that you might be able to help me. I have recently added a new SSD and HDD to my old rig. I made a bootable USB with Windows 10 on it and when I try to install it, it all goes well. The problem occurs...
  10. Win 10 USB Install Failing

Win 10 USB Install Failing: Before I start, I just want to say that I've looked everywhere that I could to find the answer, but I can't find anything. Hi! My name is Noah, and I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier this year. I haven't been using my computer basically at all over the summer, and when I...