Windows 10: Windows 10 USB microphone confusion in some apps.

Discus and support Windows 10 USB microphone confusion in some apps. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two USB microphones. One is part of a webcam, the other is a standalone microphone that's better quality. Every time I turn my computer on, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jeffool, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Jeffool Win User

Windows 10 USB microphone confusion in some apps.

I have two USB microphones. One is part of a webcam, the other is a standalone microphone that's better quality. Every time I turn my computer on, in Xbox Voice Chat, it chooses the webcam microphone, despite the standalone being the selected microphone for the software. The Xbox Voice Chat app does not have a "default" option, it only lists the two microphones. To fix this, I have to select the incorrect webcam microphone that it is erroneously using, and then select the correct standalone microphone I intend to use. I have to do this every time I turn on my computer and use the Xbox Voice Chat.

This is sometimes seemingly randomly a problem in Discord as well, when the "default" microphone is chosen. But I can signify the specific microphone I want there as well, and it seems to always correctly use that one. Just tonight I installed some audio software, VoiceMeeter Potato, and it seems to also confuse the microphones when

Any suggestions?

:)

Jeffool, Oct 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Jan J.23 Win User
    Usb microphone on the xbox app.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Jan an independent Microsoft Advisor and a user like you. I'll be happy to help you out today. Please try the methods below to resolve and setup your Mic on Xbox.

1. Make sure the apps are allowed to use the Microphone.

Search "Microphone Privacy settings"

Select Microphone Privacy settings

Turn On "Allow apps to access your Microphone"

Under "Choose which Microsoft store apps can access your microphone"

Make sure Xbox is allowed to use the microphone.

2. Update the Xbox app mic settings.

Open Xbox app

then open settings

Under Microphone the USB Mic should be listed on the list.

Select your Razor USB mic

Jan J.23, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB microphone confusion in some apps. - Similar Threads - USB microphone confusion

2. microphone for an app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone for an app in Windows 10: Can I use Cortana as a microphone in Verizon One Talk on Windows 10 Desktop App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-for-an-app-in-windows-10/234b2b5e-6e0e-4d30-8439-1abf8e765bfd
  3. Windows 10 USB microphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 USB microphones: Hello, I bought new USB microphone and I want to hear myself talking through the headphones in realtime with no delay. With my past microphone which was not USB I could do it, but with USB mic. I don't know how to because there is no option to mark in settings. So how can I...
  4. Microphone really low on some apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone really low on some apps: I just bought a Razer Nari. Everything was working fine until I noticed that the microphone isn't working the way it should on some apps. When I use it on Microsoft Teams, everything works just fine. But when I try to use it on other apps, like Discord, Steam, and my browser...
  5. Usb microphone on the xbox app.

Usb microphone on the xbox app.: I'm trying to get my razor usb microphone to work on the xbox app on windows 10. Can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-on-the-xbox-app/d2e5bfef-d331-4506-a7d9-c653b5856e41
  6. Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features...: I occasionally want to do screenrecording, for various apps (not just games), and I discovered the game bar was a built-in way to do it, but it seems to be overboard in some things or without enough granular configuration. For instance, in order to record in Chrome, I had to...
  7. Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confused about some Windows 10 Game Bar features...: I occasionally want to do screenrecording, for various apps (not just games), and I discovered the game bar was a built-in way to do it, but it seems to be overboard in some things or without enough granular configuration. For instance, in order to record in Chrome, I had to...
  8. Microphone headphone confusion

Microphone headphone confusion: Hi, I dont know why but when I connect my headphones in the jack my pc thinks is a micrphone, I have tried to update drivers unnistall and install again but they are always recognize as microphone, I would appreciate some help....
  9. Windows confuses Line In and Microphone

Windows confuses Line In and Microphone: Hello! So... I have an interesting issue. [ATTACH] This is, how the Recording tab on the Sound options on my PC. The Microphone device is the microphone, that is on my headset, which I use for communication purposes. The Line In device is connected to the output of my...
  10. Windows 10 USB Microphone Drivers

Windows 10 USB Microphone Drivers: I own a USB condensor mic (Chord CCU1, USB2.0) which worked in Windows 7 but not in 10. When i plug it in, my "Recording" window flickers. I presume it's trying to load the drivers. Sometimes it will work for a few seconds and record audio in Audacity, and then it just dies...