Windows 10: windows 10 Usb ports not reading flash drive

Discus and support windows 10 Usb ports not reading flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; window 10 USB ports not reading flash drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GrahamHarcombe, Nov 7, 2019.

1. windows 10 Usb ports not reading flash drive

window 10 USB ports not reading flash drives

:)

GrahamHarcombe, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Bimby18 Win User

Windows 10: USB 3.0 port not reading USB 2.0 flash drive

Hello

I have a DELL laptop that just had a motherboard and hard drive replaced. After re-installing and updating Windows 10 (7th March), I noticed that the USB3.0 port is no longer able to read USB 2.0 flash drives. It still reads my USB3.0 portable hard drive.
    The USB 2.0 port still works. Is there a way to fix the USB3.0 port to make it compatible with USB2.0 flash drives again?

Many thanks in advance!

Bimby18, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Bimby18 Win User
    Windows 10: USB 3.0 port not reading USB 2.0 flash drive

Hi

Thank you again for the quick reply. I tried your suggestion. I received a message that my laptop already has the latest drivers installed (same message for all 3 options). But, the USB3.0 port still does not read my USB2.0 flash drive.

Regards,

Bimby18, Nov 7, 2019
  4. windows 10 Usb ports not reading flash drive

USB Ports Not Working

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

• Have you tried suggestions provided by Hamilton Apolinario?
    If not, please re-install Windows 10 and check the status. If the issue still persists, I suggest you to get the hardware diagnostic done from the manufacturer.

Step 1: Download the Windows 10 ISO (using another computer so you can use USB ports to transfer files)

Refer to the article below and download Windows 10 ISO using Media Creation Tool.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Make a USB flash drive bootable

Refer to the article to download Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to transfer ISO to USB flash drive to make it bootable device.

Windows USB/DVD Download Tool

Important: Ensure there is no data in USB flash drive before making it bootable device. If you have any data, back it up accordingly.

Disclaimer: Please keep a backup of your data in case of loss.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 Usb ports not reading flash drive

1. windows 10 Usb ports not reading flash drive - Similar Threads - Usb ports reading

2. USB3.0 port is no longer able to read USB 2.0 flash drives. It still reads my USB3.0...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB3.0 port is no longer able to read USB 2.0 flash drives. It still reads my USB3.0...: Hello I have a ASUS laptop. After re-installing and updating Windows 10, I noticed that the USB3.0 port is no longer able to read USB 2.0 flash drives. It still reads my USB3.0 portable hard drive. The USB 2.0 port still works. Is there a way to fix the USB3.0 port to make it...
  3. USB3.0 port is no longer able to read USB 2.0 flash drives. It still reads my USB3.0...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB3.0 port is no longer able to read USB 2.0 flash drives. It still reads my USB3.0...: Hello I have a ASUS laptop. After re-installing and updating Windows 10, I noticed that the USB3.0 port is no longer able to read USB 2.0 flash drives. It still reads my USB3.0 portable hard drive. The USB 2.0 port still works. Is there a way to fix the USB3.0 port to make it...
  4. USB3.0 port is no longer able to read USB 2.0 flash drives. It still reads my USB3.0...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.: I have error code 38 and have tried all the solutions but none work.Could this be a recent Windows 11 update?Any suggestions appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-not-recognizing-my-flash-drives/07908383-905f-4e79-8bdb-66daf5040a0a
  6. USB ports, flash drives, and missing camera drives

USB ports, flash drives, and missing camera drives: Okay. So my problems started when I could no longer access my webcam. The webcam itself is in fine condition. I later checked and somehow, the driver had just disappeared from my computer. I attempted to download the driver needed from the webcam company's website, however it...
  7. WIndows 10 will not read my USB flash drive

WIndows 10 will not read my USB flash drive: Plugged in my Cruzer USB drive to look up an old document. Control Panel shows device but cannot open it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-read-my-usb-flash-drive/9fcdd95e-8b52-4f15-8efe-d51afedcab42
  8. USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port

USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port: my USB 3.0 flash drive is detected when plugged into the 2.0 USB port, but not when its plugged into the 3.0 USB port. But my 2.0 USB devices are detected when plugged into the 3.0 USB port. Is there any way to make it so 3.0 USB detects 3.0 USB? 130330
  9. Unable to access (read and write) USB flash drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access (read and write) USB flash drive in Windows 10: I have tried multiple solutions to troubleshoot or even just to distinguish what the problem is but nothing seems to work. 1.) I tried to copy and paste a file from my desktop to the flash drive but saw this: [ATTACH] 2.) Everyone including myself have permission to do...
  10. my Windows 10 cant read my USB Flash Drive

my Windows 10 cant read my USB Flash Drive: It doesn't read my Flash Drive .. I tried all that I know but it doesn't work .. pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-cant-read-my-usb-flash-drive/ffabb3e7-026f-4d4a-980b-896f69059353

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS 10 DOES NOT RECOGNIZE USB