Windows 10: WIndows 10 USB Problem

Discus and support WIndows 10 USB Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Why am I getting the is message "No information about the media on the computer could be retrieved." when trying to install Windows 10 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jasfree, Dec 30, 2018.

1. jasfree Win User

WIndows 10 USB Problem

Hello,

Why am I getting the is message "No information about the media on the computer could be retrieved." when trying to install Windows 10 from USB.

This is very frustrating, the setup asks for the Language and and upon hitting the return key by "Install Now", I am getting this message.

THis is a pretty expensive USB Stick, Windows Original Software.

Ubuntu 17.0 Installation from USB without any problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jasfree

System Setup:

ASROCK X399 Taichi MB

AMD Ryzen CPU

Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD 250GB

128GB RAM

[moved from German forums]

:)

jasfree, Dec 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

WIndows 10 USB Problem

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

WIndows 10 USB Problem

1. WIndows 10 USB Problem - Similar Threads - USB Problem

2. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  3. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool error leading to USB drive problem....: Hi guysSo, I basically downloaded the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool from the Windows 11 download site. I ran it and selected an 8GB USB stick 2.0 as the device that should be made into a bootable USB flash drive. It fully downloaded Windows 11 and then started creating......
  4. HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem: I have a USB pendrive named x796w which is of 128GBWith USB 3.2, I have purchased it so that I could create a system image in it, bu when I go to Backup and RestoreWindows 7 and click on "create system image" option then I do not get my pendrive listed in that menu, all other...
  5. HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem: I have a USB pendrive named x796w which is of 128GBWith USB 3.2, I have purchased it so that I could create a system image in it, bu when I go to Backup and RestoreWindows 7 and click on "create system image" option then I do not get my pendrive listed in that menu, all other...
  6. HP USB X796w Backup Location Problem

7. USB connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB connection problem: I have two MIDI keyboards which I am trying to connect to a Windows 11 PC via a hub. One of them works but the other one does not.With the one that does not work, I have tried using a different cable; tried unplugging everything else. Tried adding a power supply otherwise it...
  8. USB connection problem

USB connection problem: I have two MIDI keyboards which I am trying to connect to a Windows 11 PC via a hub. One of them works but the other one does not.With the one that does not work, I have tried using a different cable; tried unplugging everything else. Tried adding a power supply otherwise it...
  9. a request for the usb device descriptor failed. code 43, how do you resolve this problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a request for the usb device descriptor failed. code 43, how do you resolve this problem?: USB ports not functioning well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/5595a052-6caf-4111-953c-142d0cffa413
  10. a request for the usb device descriptor failed. code 43, how do you resolve this problem?

a request for the usb device descriptor failed. code 43, how do you resolve this problem?: USB ports not functioning well https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/5595a052-6caf-4111-953c-142d0cffa413