Windows 10: Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it

Discus and support Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a couple of the Microsoft USB recovery drives and want to format them to use for other things. Does anyone know of a KNOWN method that can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by david93312, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it

I have a couple of the Microsoft USB recovery drives and want to format them to use for other things. Does anyone know of a KNOWN method that can remove the READ ONLY from the drives? I think its silly to have these laying around and cant use them. If I ever need one I can all ways download the ISO from MS website.

I have tried DiSKPART, several different Format utilities and Also other Partition utilities.

Thank you

:)

david93312, Aug 10, 2018

2. Recovery Drive for Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Drive

When I try to create a Recovery Drive in Windows 10, Windows doesn't recognize the flash drive.

I'm following the instructions to create a Recovery Drive listed here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-recovery-drive

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice. (I was asked to confirm my choice, and I clicked "Yes".)

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select
      Next.

• (Secret Step) Wait a minute or so for the "Please Wait" screen to finish thinking

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it ...
    The issue is that when I connect a USB drive to the PC, it doesn't appear on the "Connect a USB flash drive" screen as a drive that can be selected, and the "Next" button is grayed out.

However, when I look in File Explorer, I can see the USB drive plugged into the computer. Selecting Properties shows that Windows considers its Type to be "Removable Disk". (Sounds right to me.)

I'm not getting any error messages.

My environment:

A brand new Toshiba Sattelite C55-C5241 laptop with Windows 10 Home. It's never had anything other than Windows 10 on it - unless they upgraded it at the factory.

A brand new ativa 8GB USB flash drive. Note that the packaging for the USB drive does not include Windows 10 in the System Requirements, but seriously?

What I've tried:

• Plugging the flash drive into all three USB ports (USB 2, USB 2, and USB 3)
    • Reformatting the flash drive with FAT32
    • Restarting the computer with the flash drive plugged in
    • Turning off Real-Time Scanning in McAffee

I've seen a few threads with this issue in Windows 8, but none of the potential solutions in those threads have worked for me. So here I am asking the same question, but for Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

Thank you.

Ambisinister, Aug 10, 2018
  3. windows 10 recovery usb disk drive

hi . all

i was create usb recovery disk drive with windows 10 update 1803 ,

i want to know steps to recover system using usb disk drive , to this update vision .

please , in step like that

1- put usb recovery disk drive on computer usb

2-

3-

4-

thanks , regards,

ahmedallamBW, Aug 10, 2018
  4. NjnBat Win User

Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it

Windows usb recovery drive vs Hp recovery usb drive

I recently bought a HP laptop and created windows 10 usb recovery drive . However there is an option in HP which will allow to create an HP recovery usb as well .

Do I need to still go and create the HP usb recovery drive and maintain 2 USB drives ?

If I have to choose one , which would be the right one ? Can you please suggest why ?

I couldn't find online the difference between the features of HP usb and windows usb recovery drive ? Can someone help me with it

NjnBat, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it

1. Windows 10 usb recovery drive - how to make use of it - Similar Threads - usb recovery drive

2. How to Make a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Make a Bootable Windows 10 USB Drive?: Most people prefer installing Windows 10 using a USB drive rather than a DVD. However, creating a bootable drive can get a little complicated. This article will look at how to create a bootable drive for Windows 10. What's Needed to Make a Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive? To...
  3. to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc: to make recovery drive usb win 10 for another pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-make-recovery-drive-usb-win-10-for-another-pc/ba23bd5d-1dda-418a-8f41-5e4263218494
  4. windows 10 recovery usb drive

windows 10 recovery usb drive: I have a dell 5290 2in 1 laptop, it showed a error message of 0xc000000f * I Downloaded windows 10 from a different computer to a USB stick * i then put the usb into the dell computer it went into recovery mode for about 20 minutes then said there was a probelm and no...
  5. How to make a USB recovery drive in Windows 10 [VIDEO]

How to make a USB recovery drive in Windows 10 [VIDEO]: It's a good idea to create a recovery drive. That way, if your PC ever experiences a major issue such as hardware failure, you'll be able to use the recovery drive to reinstall Windows 10. You'll need a USB drive that's at least 16 gigabytes. Warning: Use an empty USB drive...
  6. Can't use Windows 10 recovery USB drive

Can't use Windows 10 recovery USB drive: My HP laptop with Windows 10 Home wouldn't boot into windows or repair itself or do a system restore. The only thing it would do is let me create a recovery USB to restore my files, settings, etc. So, I chose that option from the boot menu and it supposedly successfully...
  7. How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to reformat USB Recovery Drive: I used the "Create recovery drive" tool in Windows 10 to create a recovery drive on a USB stick. I no longer need that recovery drive and would like to use the USB stick for other things. I have been unable to erase or reformat the USB drive. I keep getting a write protection...
  8. Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC

Make Windows/Bootable recovery Drive (USB) for another PC: Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it...
  9. To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC

To make recovery drive (USB) win 10 for another PC: Compliments! I have LG H160 Tablet Atom 1.7 Ghz with 2 Gb RAM, 32 Bit system. Windows 8.1 was installed in it. on an update, it was creating problem. Then I installed Win 10 32 Bit Version 1703. On an upgrade it became unresponsive. I tried to reset, restore it. but it...
  10. USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10?

USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10?: Hi what size is best for a USB flash drive memory stick in order to create a recovery drive for the newly installed Win 10 pls? Is 64GB too large? Appreciate any help Thx 46164