Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Root Hub 3.0 Stuck in Reboot Loop, Cannot Uninstall?

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Root Hub 3.0 Stuck in Reboot Loop, Cannot Uninstall? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, My USB Root Hub 3.0 is showing a yellow triangle in Device Manager, with this status "This device cannot work properly until you restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Varjohaltia, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 USB Root Hub 3.0 Stuck in Reboot Loop, Cannot Uninstall?

Hello all,

My USB Root Hub 3.0 is showing a yellow triangle in Device Manager, with this status "This device cannot work properly until you restart your computer. Code 14" No matter how often I restart, the status doesn't change.

The most common troubleshooting advice I see for root hub issues is to reinstall, i.e. uninstall, then reinstall. This doesn't work for me, as attempting to uninstall it results in "Cannot uninstall this device because its descendants refused the request." In the device manager tree nothing is shown under this device.

The USB ports on my laptop do not work. When I plug a device in drive, memory stick, mouse, they get power, but aren't detected.

I've tried updating drivers, including windows update; system is up-to-date. Version 1909, Build 18363.997.

Installed driver is from Microsoft, date 5.5.2020, version 10.0.18362.836.

Computer is HP ZBook Studio G3, Windows 10 Enterprise, i7-6820HQ, HP BIOS N81 01.45 06.01.2020.

:)

Varjohaltia, Aug 3, 2020
  2. RayTamaru Win User

VlA USB 3.0 Root Hub

I was trouble shooting why my epson scanner and seagate external hard drive was not being recognized by the Dell desktop. I'm using Windows 10. When I went to device manager I noticed that two VlA USB 3.0 Root Hubs had a yellow triangle. It said device
    not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31). What does that mean? Tried loading drivers and it said that current drivers are loaded. Not sure what to do next. Need someone's help.

RayTamaru, Aug 3, 2020
  3. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 USB Root Hub 3.0 Stuck in Reboot Loop, Cannot Uninstall?

Amkette USB 3.0 hub identified as "Generic USB hub". How to get it working as 3.0?

Hello my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I'll help you with getting your hub to work at USB 3.0 speeds.

Please be sure to download proper USB 3.0 drivers from the official site of your PC manufacturer. You can also find USB 3.0 drivers updates on the motherboard manufacturers’ websites if you built the computer yourself.

Save the driver file and follow the steps below to manually install the USB 3.0 driver:

1. Use Windows shortcut keys "Windows Key + X" to launch the Jump List and then select "Device Manager".

2. Right-click on the USB 3.0 device, for instance, "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller". And then select "Update Driver" Software.

3. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software".

4. Click the Browse button and load the USB 3.0 driver you’ve saved. Click OK and then click Next. Then Windows 10 will do its jobs on and install the driver.

5. Restart the computer.

After following these steps your device isn't working faster please let me know and I can suggest a different solution

Windows 10 USB Root Hub 3.0 Stuck in Reboot Loop, Cannot Uninstall? 69864322-f73a-46b8-a783-bd6e0840b188?upload=true.png

Omoikane1122, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 USB Root Hub 3.0 Stuck in Reboot Loop, Cannot Uninstall?

1. Windows 10 USB Root Hub 3.0 Stuck in Reboot Loop, Cannot Uninstall? - Similar Threads - USB Root Hub

2. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  3. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  4. USB root hub is not longer there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  5. USB root hub is not longer there

USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  6. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. MODEL NO. Z5801. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am...
  7. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. MODEL NO. Z5801. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am...
  8. XHCI ROOT HUB 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XHCI ROOT HUB 0: hello I have a ACER ASPIRE TOUCH ALL IN ONE PC. The PC is 10 years old i think, mayber older.I have gone onto windows updates and updated up to now. i also went onto the Acer website and downloaded drivers that were needed and what can be installed.I am trying to sort this...
  9. I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I uninstalled the USB root hub and it won't reinstall.: I know what I did was stupid, but let me explain why I did it. Basically I was having issues with my windows mixed reality headset and decided to uninstall it to see if I just had to reinstall the driver. However, when i restarted it didn't reinstall the driver. So here I am,...
  10. USB Root Hub 30

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Root Hub 30: USB Root Hub 30 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-root-hub-30/54ec05da-a825-4a2a-b365-5048616b1e43

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot