Windows 10: Windows 10. USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) driver failure

Discus and support Windows 10. USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) driver failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just got a brand new Lenovo ideacentre 310s-08ASR with Windows 10 pre installed. It has all the lastest updates on it. When I plug in a USB 3.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cactustrain, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10. USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) driver failure

I've just got a brand new Lenovo ideacentre 310s-08ASR with Windows 10 pre installed. It has all the lastest updates on it.

When I plug in a USB 3.0 device the drive isn't recognised.

When I look in device manager I'm told 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43). The USB hub failed to reset."

Location 'on AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)'

Having serached for solution the best I could come up with is a patch from year ago KB4090913. However, when I try to install this it says that the update isn't appropriate to my system.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

:)

cactustrain, Mar 17, 2019

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Mar 17, 2019
  3. USB Root Hub driver failure on Lenovo T470

After hibernation, the USB ports don't work. When I inspected the drivers, I found that the USB root hub driver was reporting the following errors:

#The USB hub failed to reset.

#Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

#on Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and also tried to disable both the "USB root hub" and the "USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" from going to suspension on sleep or hibernation but the problems still persist on all our T470 laptops.

Kindly get back as soon as possible.

Martin Chileshe, Mar 17, 2019
  4. supra2 Win User

Windows 10. USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) driver failure

Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers

I am using windows 10 and could not detect my USB external memory stick. Device Manager indicated for ASMedia USB Root Hub, that "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" . My DriverMax program indicated that the driver is up to date and I have spent the past week back and forth with DriverMax for a solution. DriverMax finally told me that there is no update for the driver, so I searched for a driver update and came across this site.
    Downloaded and installed the latest ASMedia drivers listed above and it works. Just want to say thanks for posting the driver.

supra2, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10. USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) driver failure

1. Windows 10. USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) driver failure - Similar Threads - USB Root Hub

2. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  3. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  4. USB root hub is not longer there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  5. USB root hub is not longer there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB root hub is not longer there: I followed this to fix my USB ports cause my laptop wasn't letting me use my USB flash drives. The thing I thing I...
  6. USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working: The driver "USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&2E621010&0&0" is not working. It is labelled under 'other devices' as an unknown device. It used to be called "AsMedia USB ROOT HUB" but since trying to uninstall and reinstall it has made the situation worse. Issuse: Every now and again...
  7. USB Root Hub 30

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Root Hub 30: USB Root Hub 30 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-root-hub-30/54ec05da-a825-4a2a-b365-5048616b1e43
  8. Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers

Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers: I have noticed, that MS installs its own driver over ASMedia's, which might cause issues. Even, if you have automatic driver installation disabled, some updates might change it. Since ASMedia does not provide direct downloads, only 3rd party links are provided. Last...
  9. USB 3 Hub

USB 3 Hub: I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is...
  10. ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver issue

ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver issue: Hi, Please can someone help me with this Since the last windows 10 update i am having trouble in particular with one driver called: ASMedia USB Root Hub Driver This USB keeps installing itself and never stops. I keep hearing the windows beep that usually comes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb root hub (usb3.0)

2. Latest ASMedia USB xHCI and Root Hub Drivers

3. windows 10 usb root hub 3.0 code 10

4. usb 3 root hub driver windows 10,
  5. usb root hub windows 10