Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Screen Disappears then Appears in Device Manager Constantly

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Screen Disappears then Appears in Device Manager Constantly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am a first-time poster, long-time lurker. I have a problem with USB displays not working on Windows 10. The issue is that the screen will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by inwardsquash, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 USB Screen Disappears then Appears in Device Manager Constantly

Hello, I am a first-time poster, long-time lurker.

I have a problem with USB displays not working on Windows 10. The issue is that the screen will appear in device manager with an error. When I do something like re-seat the cable, update the driver, or switch to a rollback driver, the screen will appear in device manager, and then immediately go away. It will continue to do this for a while, and then will eventually show the USB display detected with an error:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful.

There are no errors related to this in event viewer.

So far, I have tried updating to the latest DisplayLink Driver, as that is the appropriate driver distributor for these screens. I have actually tried just about every DisplayLink driver listed on their website for this type of screen. I also tried doing the same thing, but leaving the USB cables plugged in while rebooting.

I tried to remove every USB driver listed, unplug all USB cables from the computer, and reboot the computer without plugging the USB cables back in until Windows had booted completely.

I Changed Windows Driver Foundation User mode Driver Framework service to automatic and rebooted the computer.

When I move this monitor to another computer with Windows 10 it will not work, but the screen will have no issues with 7 and XP. Automatic updates have been disabled on this computer, but I have tried updating Windows, and that did not resolve the issue either.

If any more information is needed, please just ask as I will be viewing this regularly. Thank you in advance for your efforts.

:)

inwardsquash, Nov 19, 2019

2. Device Manager

Hello Wayne,

Need to follow up your question with another question, whenever the Device Manager list is refreshing, do you hear a disconnect/connect sound coming from your speakers?

A faulty USB cable/device or a USB cable/device that is not plugged in firmly can cause the Device Manager screen to constantly refresh since Windows believes a USB device is constantly being connected and disconnected.

BravoMan21, Nov 19, 2019
  3. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Windows 10 USB Screen Disappears then Appears in Device Manager Constantly

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

I had a similar issue that came with a significant Windows 10 update, I tried everything for about a week, I also had issues with a USB Printer not working too, in the end I found that an additional USB driver unrelated to my board was showing in Device Manager, I think it was a Marvell and I don't have any marvel ports, deleted it from Device manager, re-booted, all my problems went.

Tatty_One, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 USB Screen Disappears then Appears in Device Manager Constantly

1. Windows 10 USB Screen Disappears then Appears in Device Manager Constantly - Similar Threads - USB Screen Disappears

2. Constant appearing and disappearing port error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant appearing and disappearing port error message: I started getting annoying notification popping up over and over again on my computer yesterday. It said something about a USB device not being recognized but there was nothing plugged in so I just turned off the notifications. Now, I just hear this constant notification...
  3. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager: Hi, i have a win 10 pc and i use a ASUS asus usb-ax56 wifi adapter. i installed the win 10 driver from the asus homepage and it can connect to the network fine.but every 5 to10 minutes the connection drops, it reconnects shortly after around 10 seconds and works without...
  4. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager: Hi, i have a win 10 pc and i use a ASUS asus usb-ax56 wifi adapter. i installed the win 10 driver from the asus homepage and it can connect to the network fine.but every 5 to10 minutes the connection drops, it reconnects shortly after around 10 seconds and works without...
  5. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager

Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager: Hello, I am in need of some help regarding a USB device. My problem is that there is a USB device which no longer appears in my device manager. I have used this device on the same PC and same Windows installation before and it worked fine. Now it does not work a Windows...
  7. USB drives appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drives appear and disappear: Ok, got a bit of a strange one this morning which happened after I opened an excel file from the office via VPN could be just a coincidence it happened at that time though. Anyway, the USB drive icon in the sys tray disappeared and then appeared and started randomly...
  8. Unknown USB device keeps appearing and disappearing

Unknown USB device keeps appearing and disappearing: Hi, my computer has been doing this weird thing lately - even when nothing is hooked up to it an unknown USB device keeps showing up in my devices and then disappearing a few seconds later. It also makes a noise whenever it's appearing and disappearing even though I have all...
  9. Bluetooth disappearing and doesn't appear in device management

Bluetooth disappearing and doesn't appear in device management: I have Bluetooth issues i have bought a brand new pcie wifi+Bluetooth 5.0 worked great then after shutting off the computer for the night boot up the next day Bluetooth is completely gone from windows I boot up in Ubuntu and it worked fine saw the wifi card and Bluetooth so...
  10. USB devices disappear

USB devices disappear: USB devices disappear after working OK. USB flash drives and hard drives work OK but then disappear. It would be wonderful if this did not happen. (Perhaps a powered USB hub is needed ?)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my usb appears and then disappears on dell laptop

2. camera shows in devices for 3 seconds then disappears