Windows 10: Windows 10 USB stolen - how to track and catch the thief?

Discus and support Windows 10 USB stolen - how to track and catch the thief? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Got a new Windows 10 in the summer and had to reinstall many times during that month; then, to really get me, someone came in to my home and stole the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rab Devil, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Rab Devil Win User

Windows 10 USB stolen - how to track and catch the thief?

Got a new Windows 10 in the summer and had to reinstall many times during that month;

then, to really get me, someone came in to my home and stole the Windows 10 USB

instead of the whole computer: then he left me, strangely with his old Windows 10 Pro

which I had no way to install it anyway but when I did try - it died anyway.

Am I in danger of 'impersonation'? since I had already registered it

and used it during one month or so.

Can you track him by seeing who is using my Product Key?

I am hacked by someone who lives so close to me and can hack me daily.

I am used to it but why must this be so when this windows 10 works so well?

So, this pc is also hacked and all my computers were hacked so that I cannot

actually use them effectively and during the first day of any of them,

I get killed so I end up turning it off anyway.

I don't really expect that you even get this as I saw on my other windows 10 (stolen one),

that no actual security texts from my pc ever went to Microsoft during the entire time!!!

Fun huh? So, here's just another problem which cannot be adjusted eh? Have a great day.

:)

Rab Devil, Feb 21, 2019

2. Tracking a stolen laptop that is powered-off

Hi When a laptop of any-sort is stolen and powered off changes to track it is 0 the reason being that in most cases when a laptop is stolen it is not certain that the thief will connect your laptop to WiFi but in fact the thief will sell it of and the
    laptop will be formatted or striped for parts. This is unfortunate but you wont be able to track the laptop.

Phillip Roos, Feb 21, 2019
  3. TeXBill Win User
    Track a Stolen Laptop

What brand Dell, HP, ? Dell's got their service tag number if the thief goes to the web site and dl's drivers sometimes they can track it. You would have to talk with them about that. Sorry to hear your laptop got stolen man that just suxs.....

TeXBill, Feb 21, 2019
  4. seric01 Win User

Track a stolen phone

Hi,

I recently had one of the familys Nokia Lumia Phones stolen, and immediately after I found out I tried to track it, but it wasn't possible to reach the phone. I am quite confident that it was well charged, which only (almost) leaves the option that the thief
    knew that he had to turn it off immediately to "lock me out".

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to provide the phone software with a option like "use passcode to close", that way it would at least be possible to take away that option for thiefs. Isn't this a durable idea or is there a problem with it (besides
    convincing the manufacturer that it's a good idea).

seric01, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB stolen - how to track and catch the thief? - Similar Threads - USB stolen track

2. Tracking stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking stolen laptop: Greetings. I am kindly asking if Microsoft is able to track a stolen laptop which is running windows 10. Looking forwar to your advise. Kind regards, Lucas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tracking-stolen-laptop/7b75aaea-bc5c-49ca-9929-fa029569f050
  3. Tracking stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracking stolen laptop: Greetings. I am kindly asking if Microsoft is able to track a stolen laptop which is running windows 10. Looking forwar to your advise. Kind regards, Lucas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tracking-stolen-laptop/7b75aaea-bc5c-49ca-9929-fa029569f050
  4. Tracking stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Tracking a Laptop if stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking a Laptop if stolen: I have what may seem like a stupid question. I have my laptop protected with bitlocker and wonder what will happen if it is ever stolen. I have it secured with my Microsoft account and "Find my PC" enabled. I also have the Lenovo Smart Lock service on the system, but I am...
  6. Tracking a Laptop if stolen

Tracking a Laptop if stolen: I have what may seem like a stupid question. I have my laptop protected with bitlocker and wonder what will happen if it is ever stolen. I have it secured with my Microsoft account and "Find my PC" enabled. I also have the Lenovo Smart Lock service on the system, but I am...
  7. Track Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Track Stolen Laptop: Good Day my laptop was stolen and my Microsoft Account was activated on my stolen laptop how can I track my laptop I'm using the find my device but its showing me a rumble location I hope you can help me thank you [Original Title: Stolen Laptop]...
  8. Track Stolen Laptop

Track Stolen Laptop: Good Day my laptop was stolen and my Microsoft Account was activated on my stolen laptop how can I track my laptop I'm using the find my device but its showing me a rumble location I hope you can help me thank you [Original Title: Stolen Laptop]...
  9. Track Stolen Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Tracking a stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tracking a stolen laptop: A laptop was stolen on a Sunday. Find my device was turned on. It last recorded the position on the previous Friday. Every time I logged on, the lost device page told me that it had not connected since the same Friday but it was in a slightly different location. These...