Windows 10: [Windows 10] USB Switch disables keyboard on 1 computer after switching back and forth

Discus and support [Windows 10] USB Switch disables keyboard on 1 computer after switching back and forth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a work laptop and a home desktop that i share a keyboard and mouse with using a USB switch. Both are running windows 10. I can switch back and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Reikonyx, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Reikonyx Win User

[Windows 10] USB Switch disables keyboard on 1 computer after switching back and forth

I have a work laptop and a home desktop that i share a keyboard and mouse with using a USB switch. Both are running windows 10.

I can switch back and forth as many times as i want on my work laptop but when trying to use the home desktop the keyboard only works the first time i switch. Any subsequent time and the keyboard completely stops responding to anything and i have to restart the desktop to regain control. The mouse never seems to have an issue. I've tried multiple keyboards but judging by how the laptop always works no matter how many times i switch back and forth i have to assume there is a configuration issue on my desktop but idk where to look.

I've run the built in windows troubleshooting to no avail. I've tried completely removing all USB keyboard drivers and re-installing them. I'm not sure where to go from here. Can anyone point me in some direction to get this resolved?

:)

Reikonyx, Jan 18, 2019

2. KVM switch USB not reinitializing

I've had the TK-409K KVM switch from Trendnet now for about a year and I don't have to switch between computers very often so I'm not sure when the problem started. I have a Window 10 desktop and a mac laptop hooked into the ports 1 and 2 of the KVM box.
    If the switch is set to the Windows computer when the computer boots, the mouse and keyboard and monitor work with no problem. However, if I switch to the mac and then back to the Windows computer, the monitor works but not the mouse and keyboard. I have to
    reboot Windows to get the mouse and keyboard to work again. When I switch to the Windows computer, the light on the KVM box never stop blinking. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BradWhitmoyer, Jan 18, 2019
  3. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 18, 2019
  4. [Windows 10] USB Switch disables keyboard on 1 computer after switching back and forth

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

[Windows 10] USB Switch disables keyboard on 1 computer after switching back and forth

1. [Windows 10] USB Switch disables keyboard on 1 computer after switching back and forth - Similar Threads - USB Switch disables

2. switch back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switch back to windows 10: I do not like windows 11. How can I go back to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back-to-windows-10/fbc51f2a-be12-402a-a33d-921cf9dbc0d0
  3. switch back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switch back to windows 10: I do not like windows 11. How can I go back to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back-to-windows-10/fbc51f2a-be12-402a-a33d-921cf9dbc0d0
  4. Switching Back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Back to Windows 10: I just upgraded to the most recent Windows and really dislike it. I would like to go back to Windows 10 but not sure how to do as I likely changed two weeks ago and it looks like could only go back within 10 days. How can i go back to Windows 10??...
  5. Switching Back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Back to Windows 10: I just upgraded to the most recent Windows and really dislike it. I would like to go back to Windows 10 but not sure how to do as I likely changed two weeks ago and it looks like could only go back within 10 days. How can i go back to Windows 10??...
  6. Switching Back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Device Keeps switching back and forth: I've had this problem for a day or 2, it's frustrating. Whenever I launch sound options, or something similar to sound then my audio devices go crazy. If you click the sound slider thing, you can select an output device there. Mine just keeps switching between Speakers and...
  8. Win10 switches disabled devices back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 switches disabled devices back on: I want to keep NVIDIA High Definition Audio disabled as it causes my games to hang after a while of playing. So, I've disabled it in the devices manager and never install any drivers for it. Every now and then Windows puts it back on though which is really annoying*Devil...
  9. Switching back and forth between Android tab and Windows 10 laptop

Switching back and forth between Android tab and Windows 10 laptop: I recently got a wireless GMYLE Universal Aluminum Ultra Slim Bluetooth Keyboard with Trackpad for All Windows Android PC Tablet Smartphone ....my phone and tablet don't seem to care about leaving and returning as all I have to do is switch the keyboard off and both Androids...
  10. switching back and forth between bluetooth speakers without restart

switching back and forth between bluetooth speakers without restart: I just got a flip 4 bluetooth speaker and easily linked it to my desktop Windows 10 computer. To get it to play audio from my desktop, I had to go into the control panel and select the bluetooth speaker as the default audio device and then restart (as it did not "recognize"...