Windows 10: Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones

Discus and support Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't conect my phone to the pc with usb teher beacose it says it has ip problem in the troubleshooting. What can i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NikosLinardos, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones

I can't conect my phone to the pc with usb teher beacose it says it has ip problem in the troubleshooting. What can i do?

:)

NikosLinardos, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Gino Des Win User

USB tethering SP3 Win10 Android 4.4.2

Hi,

You might be experiencing this issue because your Surface is not getting the correct network configuration such as IP address from your phone. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you only experience this issue on your Surface? Are you able to tether your Android phone to other devices?
    • Do you receive any error messages when connecting to your phone? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter after connecting your Surface to your phone. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Here's how:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Gino Des Win User
    USB tethering SP3 Win10 Android 4.4.2

We appreciate the detailed reply. To continue troubleshooting, let's reset your Internet connection settings and cache. To reset your Internet connection, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt and then right-click
      Command Prompt
      in the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided by
    BenjaminRamsden in the following thread:
    USB tethering does not work on windows 10

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones

Usb tethering does not work on windows 10

So basically Gary, you confirmed that USB tethering just does not work with Windows 10. Shame on Microsoft.

The problem with WiFi tethering is the drain on your cell phone's battery. USB tethering avoids that problem. And this issue is huge when one is working out in the field with a Windows tablet that needs to access the internet via your mobile phone's data
    plan.

This is definitely not a problem with current Android systems. My Android (6.0.1) phone tethers just fine with my Android (6.0.1) tablet when using a USB cable with an OTG (On The Go) adapter.

But your answer did not resolve my issue with Windows USB tethering.

DaveFassburg, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones

1. Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones - Similar Threads - USB tethering problems

2. iphone to windows usb tethering problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iphone to windows usb tethering problem: I'm doing usb tethering from my iphone to my pc with windows, and everything works fine but if I start downloading some big file the connection disconnects, how can I do?...
  3. iphone to windows usb tethering problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iphone to windows usb tethering problem: I'm doing usb tethering from my iphone to my pc with windows, and everything works fine but if I start downloading some big file the connection disconnects, how can I do?...
  4. iphone to windows usb tethering problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones: I can't conect my phone to the pc with usb teher beacose it says it has ip problem in the troubleshooting. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-tethering-problems-with-android/d8129331-08ff-4b39-a826-86b0d6c2f4bb
  6. Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 USB tethering problems with Android phones: I can't conect my phone to the pc with usb teher beacose it says it has ip problem in the troubleshooting. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-tethering-problems-with-android/d8129331-08ff-4b39-a826-86b0d6c2f4bb
  7. Android USB tether issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android USB tether issue: Hello. I'm not sure if this is the correct topic, feel free to move I have an issue where my phone hangs Task manager and Network properties when on 'USB Tether' on Windows 10. if the phone connected to a PC and no tether via USB it works fine, but when I tether via USB...
  8. Android USB tethering issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Android USB tethering issue: Hello, I have an issue with Android USB tethering on my Windows 10 laptop : despite the system detects the "NDIS" network device, ipconfig -all returns no value on default gateway. The most intriguing aspect of this issue is that it sometimes disappears, suggesting a cable...
  9. blue tooth tethering with android phone windows 10

blue tooth tethering with android phone windows 10: I would like to tether data from my android phone to my windows 10 laptop.This incase I lose my wi fy connectivity due to power shortage or when I am out of range outside my house.I would like my Laptop to remember the settings and use this bluetooth tethering as a secondary...
  10. reverse tethering on usb port for android on win10

reverse tethering on usb port for android on win10: hello is there a way to share internet connection thru usb on android phone? i cant do wifi share, wifi isnt allowed in camp where i work. pleeease help me if you know how, i like playing my little game *Smile 15207