Windows 10: Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language

Discus and support Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a small problem with languages in windows 10 (originally the same problem was in win8, but I didn't solve it there as well). I bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menx, Aug 11, 2015.

1. menx Win User

Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language

Hi all,
    I have a small problem with languages in windows 10 (originally the same problem was in win8, but I didn't solve it there as well).
    I bought the laptop with german windows. But whole my life I worked with english UI interface. I know what and where I should search any setup features and how they call in english version. And of course with german laptop I got a german keyboard, that a little bit different from the english one (and that is the cause of my problem, because only letters Y and Z are changed).
    After the win10 installation I downloaded and installed language pack as recommended and make one as primary language. Beside it i have german language (because it match with keyboard layout) and russian language (as native). BUT, I don't need to have an english language in language bar at all, because I have the same german with correct keyboard layout. I would like to switch between only two layouts: DE and RU.
    Question: how to get rid the english keyboard from language bar, leaving the english UI at the same time?

Thanks for the help and regards, Andrey

:)

2. Have not had the 1511 update and cannot use the MCT

Odd.Even I had the same problem(I got the error you can't keep windows settings personal files and apps because you've chosen to install windows 10 to install different language) but with a different perspective.I changed the Language to English
    UK with booting to advanced system settings.

I guess you need to do the same.

The solution is copied from here:r/Windows10 - I get the “You can`t keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps because you`ve chosen to install Windows 10 using a different language than you`re currently using.” in a English (US) to English (US) 9926->10130 upgrade.

Just posting the fix for this, i'm new so sorry if this is against etiquette on an old post.. I've just gone through the same problem and have it working now.

First from command prompt run run "DISM /online /get-intl" It should say (as an eg. for a US language of course) Default system UI language : en-US System locale : en-US

On mine the default system one was different even though windows only had the en_US language pack installed and the only one mentioned in the language settings in CP. (mine was actually French even though there
    is no French language on my Pc.)

If it is different then you need to, go to troubleshoot pc> command prompt.. find which drive is your windows one and substitute for c: if different, also for the language you want to use you will need to change
    the en-us of course) and then type dism /image:c:\ /Set-UILang:en-US

That will fix it. Basically the default system language needs to match the language of the windows 10 version you downloaded.

I will explain you the steps clearly tommorow as it is night time here Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language :)

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Anis360 Win User
    People App mirrored UI

I have a problem with the People App on Windows 10, the UI is aligned from the right to the left as if the language is set to Arabic or something like that despite the OS' language being French, any way to fix that ?

Anis360, Aug 11, 2015
  4. ySomic Win User

I think I have the same problem. However I did fix this in Windows 8.1 (Forgot how to... and cannot find the solution again.)
    I use the ENG layout but it keeps giving me the NLD (Dutch) keyboard layout option at the taskbar (img 1).

However at the language input I cannot find this anywhere. (img 2 and 3).

Img 1: Snaggy - easy screenshots
    Img 2: Snaggy - easy screenshots
    Img 3: Snaggy - easy screenshots

To OP: If this is not the same problem, please inform me and I'll delete the comment.

ySomic, Aug 11, 2015
  5. menx Win User
    Hi ySomic,
    it't not exactly that mean. You still have anyway 2 languages english and dutch in language bar.
    But me just come the idea. It's not exactly solution that I want, but already better.

In english language I added german layout and removed original US layout. And afterward deleted german language at all. Now I have exactly 2 languages in bar, but under english have german keyboard (I would like to have GER name of course).

menx, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language - Similar Threads - languages different language

2. Different languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  3. Different languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  4. Language display in the language is different from what my choice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language display in the language is different from what my choice: In the setting for language, I picked the ChineseHong Kong Sar. When I get to the language bar, it shows Taiwan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-display-in-the-language-is-different-from/802927b8-f9ad-41fd-b0b4-cd07be505faa
  5. Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language

Parts of the UI language correspond to input language instead of display language: The problem exists when: Step 1. The original language both display and input is Chinese China. Step 2. Change the display language but not the input language to French France, log in again, and then problem arises: Some part of the UI is French and some part of the UI is...
  6. Changing Windows UI Language with DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Windows UI Language with DISM: [ATTACH]This is the result after I chose to run DISM /online /get-intl in Command Prompt I'm wishing to change the "Default system UI language" to en-US, and as the search engines suggested, I should use the DISM /image:<path_to_offline_image_directory> /Set-UILang:en-US to...
  7. Display language and input language differences

Display language and input language differences: Hello I am trying to set my language to English (Germany) but even though it is set correctly in Languages tab, I see English (UK) in Region. How can I get rid of UK? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Best regards...
  8. Different language in different apps

Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  9. Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows: How to: Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows How to Force System UI Language as Display Language in Windows The display language a user selects changes the default language the entire operating system uses for that specific user account. The display...
  10. Change System UI Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change System UI Language in Windows 10: How to: Change System UI Language in Windows 10 How to Change System UI Language in Windows 10 The system default UI language is the language of the localized version used to set up Windows during installation. All menus, dialog boxes, error messages, and help files are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 create family member in different languages