Windows 10: Windows 10 used to let me log in using facial recognition but now it doesn't work.

Discus and support Windows 10 used to let me log in using facial recognition but now it doesn't work. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I got this computer it used to log me in using facial recognition but it has stopped working. Now it looks for me but never succeeds. My camera is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LeslieMcCulloch, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 used to let me log in using facial recognition but now it doesn't work.

When I got this computer it used to log me in using facial recognition but it has stopped working. Now it looks for me but never succeeds. My camera is working fine. Thoughts?

:)

LeslieMcCulloch, Nov 21, 2018

2. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows 10 used to let me log in using facial recognition but now it doesn't work.

facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 used to let me log in using facial recognition but now it doesn't work.

1. Windows 10 used to let me log in using facial recognition but now it doesn't work. - Similar Threads - used let log

2. How to use facial recognition with face mask?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use facial recognition with face mask?: Dear Sir/Madam, May i know how we can enable the facial recognition with face mask on?i am working in the electronic manufacturing cleanroom and facemask is a compulsory thing to put on at all times.by using passcode is not convenient when there are people around us.just...
  3. How to use facial recognition with face mask?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use facial recognition with face mask?: Dear Sir/Madam, May i know how we can enable the facial recognition with face mask on?i am working in the electronic manufacturing cleanroom and facemask is a compulsory thing to put on at all times.by using passcode is not convenient when there are people around us.just...
  4. Facial recognition not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Facial recognition not working: Recently my Surface computer stopped being able to open via facial recognition; it said it couldn't see the camera or words to that effect thankfully the camera does work to take pictures. I don't mind using a pin to log in, but I'm concerned this might be a sign of a worse...
  5. Facial Recognition not working!?

Facial Recognition not working!?: I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7500 2n1 Silver and when I try and use windows hello face. It says "we could not find a camera compatible with hello face" I have no clue why this is happening and im pretty sure i am meant to have facial recognition....
  6. Facial recognition not working

Facial recognition not working: Facial recognition in my laptop is not working. It is asking me for a pin or a password and I have never used a pin or a password. Please help how can i access my laptop?...
  7. My facial recognition nor my pin is letting me in.

My facial recognition nor my pin is letting me in.: I just logged in several times last night. I get to school and it didnt recognize me and said my pain needs to be reset but I cant get in to reset it. Help me please[IMG][IMG]...
  8. Facial Recognition not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facial Recognition not working: Unable to use this feature, says camera not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-not-working/9fdd9bec-2afb-45d7-8d3b-322ec5cef4dc
  9. Facial Recognition Not Working

Facial Recognition Not Working: I have a Alienware 17 laptop that I have been using. Earlier upon use the facial recognition had been working perfectly. However, recently my facial recogniton has stopped working and says that it cannot turn on my camera. I thought maybe my camera might be broken, however,...
  10. Facial Recognition finds me but no longer logs me in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Facial Recognition finds me but no longer logs me in.: Hello, I have been working with a bunch of Surface Pro 4 computers at work. Facial recognition worked great while setting them all up. After changing privacy settings and adding other users Windows 10 no longer logs me or the other staff members into our accounts. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how log on using facial recognition