Windows 10: Windows 10 User Account Administrator

Discus and support Windows 10 User Account Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to change the Administrator in my laptop through Windows 10, but somehow the laptop no longer has an Administrator on any of the user accounts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GLTurner, Nov 13, 2018.

1. GLTurner Win User

Windows 10 User Account Administrator

I tried to change the Administrator in my laptop through Windows 10, but somehow the laptop no longer has an Administrator on any of the user accounts. When I try to make a change to my computer using an app or program, I’m requested to provide admin permission through the entry of a user name and password, yet there is no longer an Administrator in any of the user accounts. Since I’m unable to use any Windows app or program to make a change, how do I resolve this issue.

:)

GLTurner, Nov 13, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 User Account Administrator :(

Zakin, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 User Account Administrator

How do i get my user account to administrator account

Hi,

To make the account an administrator account, we recommend the steps below:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Account, then click Family & other people (or
      Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise).
    • Then, select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator, then hit
      OK.
    Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

If the the issue still persists, we suggest to create a local user then do
    the steps above again.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 User Account Administrator

1. Windows 10 User Account Administrator - Similar Threads - User Account Administrator

2. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  3. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  4. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Is it possible to merge windows 10 user into administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to merge windows 10 user into administrator account.: So I downloaded a game through the microsoft store and realized it doesn't show an icon when I pin it or while I'm playing. I know it's only a minor thing, but it really started to bother me so I tried to see if I could fix it, but to no avail. In my search to find fixes for...
  6. Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - hierarchy of owners/users/administrators/accounts: Following recent Update crash all files folders became read-only. The only work around was to create a separate account/log-in. Now almost all of my files/folders are locked up with denial of access, cannot save here, other denial comments because of no administrator...
  7. How to check if a user account is an Administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check if a user account is an Administrator in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There is a Standard, Work & School, Child, Guest, and Administrator account feature in Windows 10 which is pretty good. You can easily create a […] This article How to check if a user account is an Administrator in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. Need to have administrator user account on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to have administrator user account on Windows 10: Somehow my administrator account got changed to a "Guest" account, and it appears that there is no administrator on my Windows 10 version. When I try to make changes, I am getting a User Accounts Control Panel dialog box without a "Yes" option to allow changes. I guess the...
  9. Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10: Dear All, I just created a local user account in windows 10 pro. But unfortunately, I disable the administrator account and restart the system. i wanted to enable administrator account again now but its showing access is denied error. Can anyone suggest me to enable...
  10. User Account / Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...