Windows 10: Windows 10 User account login issue...

Discus and support Windows 10 User account login issue... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I got my son a Dell 2 in 1 laptop and set myself up as Administrator and set up an account for him. It worked fine for a few days. But now he can't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RWard, Aug 23, 2015.

1. RWard Win User

Windows 10 User account login issue...

I got my son a Dell 2 in 1 laptop and set myself up as Administrator and set up an account for him.
    It worked fine for a few days. But now he can't login to his account.
    The password is correct, but it gives the error
    "Windows can not connect to the Group Policy client Service."

I am able to login to the Administrator account. I know the laptop is still able to reach the internet. So, I don't know what the problem is here. The error gives no info on how to resolve it.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you,

:)

RWard, Aug 23, 2015
  2. SujataMoktan, Aug 23, 2015
  3. How come my Standard (non-Admin) account name has been replaced by my Microsoft Account name

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

As per your query, I like to inform you that, when you login to your computer through Local/standard user account and configure or add Microsoft account with any of the Windows app (Example: OneDrive) , then Microsoft account will get configured
    as a user account in your system.

However, you can also select the user account on the login screen, the users account will be listed on the bottom left corner of the login screen. Check for the user account on which you are trying to login is listed on the login screen or not.
    If the user account is listed in the login screen then select the user account and try logging in to your system and check if it helps.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Doug Win User

Hi,

i just had had this same issue occur, I solved it by doing the following:

1) in the search bar bottom left type - command - left click the found "command prompt" and select run as administrator
    2) in the command window type - sfc /scannow - then hit return
    3) this may take some time to run but it does report its progress
    4) once finished reboot

you should now be able to log back in as non admin.

details are here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Doug, Sep 2, 2015
  5. RWard Win User
    Doug,

Thanks very much for the reply. I do appreciate it. Actually, the problem for me resolved itself. I tried a number of things, none of which worked. Then my administrator account stopped working and I had to start looking for solutions for that, too. I gave up for the night and planned to look at it the next day when my 11 year old asked if he could try. I said "Sure", figuring it would be good practice for him. Sure enough, after boot up he got to the login page which hadn't worked the night before. He chose his own account which hadn't worked in weeks and got right in. *Eek

My guess is that some update happened overnight that resolved it? Anyway, I will review your link in case it pops up again.

Thanks again and good luck with your own system.

RWard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 User account login issue... - Similar Threads - User account login

2. Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10: Today I was trying to log into my user account when it just said "The username or password is incorrect". This was a huge surprise for me because the exact same details worked yesterday, no-one uses that laptop, and I didn't have any malware. That user has all of it's folders...
  3. Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10: Today I was trying to log into my user account when it just said "The username or password is incorrect". This was a huge surprise for me because the exact same details worked yesterday, no-one uses that laptop, and I didn't have any malware. That user has all of it's folders...
  4. Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10 login issue Admin Account not working Password incorrect for User Default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login issue Admin Account not working Password incorrect for User Default...: Hello , Description : I have hp laptop with windows 10 Company laptop But I have full privilege admin access Like personal Laptop Recently when I lock my laptop W + L and after 10 minutes when i tried to login it start throwing error that password is incorrect. On same day I...
  6. Windows 10 login issue Admin Account not working Password incorrect for User Default...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 login issue Admin Account not working Password incorrect for User Default...: Hello , Description : I have hp laptop with windows 10 Company laptop But I have full privilege admin access Like personal Laptop Recently when I lock my laptop W + L and after 10 minutes when i tried to login it start throwing error that password is incorrect. On same day I...
  7. Windows 10 Account Login issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Account Login issue: Hi, this issue relates to my wife rather than myself. She been using her windows 10 laptop comfortably for some time now, and last changed her account password in 2016 according to her online account information. This evening she told me that her laptop no longer accepts...
  8. User Account issue Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account issue Windows 10 home: Hello, I am trying to fix a problem on my fathers Windows 10 PC but can't seem to make it work for some reason. When the computer store entered his email address for a user account they used (example) *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (example) when PC was...
  9. Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system

Account lockout issue when user try to login windows system: Hi we could see our end users are facing the issue with their account is getting locked while in the first attempt itself. kindly help us to resolve the issue ASAP....
  10. User Account Control Issues Windows 10

User Account Control Issues Windows 10: Why, when I am the only administrator, do I receive Account Control popup messages indicating that Administrator Approval is required and then it will not let me perform the action, even though I AM the only administrator? How do I fix this? I have to say, Windows...