Windows 10: Windows 10 User Account Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 User Account Missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 user account is missing from the login screen. I saw that you can fix it by going in to the command prompt, but in order to do that or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TanyaMcKee, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 User Account Missing

My windows 10 user account is missing from the login screen. I saw that you can fix it by going in to the command prompt, but in order to do that or restore windows i need the windows 10 password, which I don't remember because I only use the pin. I logged in to my Microsoft account but I don't see an option to change the windows 10 password. Any other options?

:)

TanyaMcKee, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 User Account Missing :(

Zakin, Feb 9, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 User Account Missing

User Account Missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

User account not available issue may occur when your lost User account is not a part of any group. Therefore, I would suggest you follow the given steps and see if it helps:

• On the Search bar type “cmd” and
      click ctrl + shift + Enter
      to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command: net localgroup “Administrators” [Computer Name]\[Missing User] /add
    Regarding Kaspersky not compatible, Since we do not deal with third party applications I would suggest contact the third party application manufacturer about the issue.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 User Account Missing

1. Windows 10 User Account Missing - Similar Threads - User Account Missing

2. Missing Windows 10 user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing Windows 10 user account: My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to. In other words, my windows boot-up screen does not list that account, nor does any account setting screen show that user...
  3. user accounts missing from logon screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user accounts missing from logon screen: I have several user accounts on my laptop but after updating recently only about half of them now appear on my logon screen.The accounts still show in the users folder and are in the NETUSER list but they don't show in NETPLWIZ box.I have seen articles that suggest this can...
  4. Windows 10 user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 user accounts: I deleted my Microsoft account under "accounts used for email, calendar. and contacts". But when I did that, windows had me add an account for "accounts used for other apps". However I cannot delete that account, It only has the option to manage that account. Is that account...
  5. User accounts in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User accounts in Windows 10: I purchased a used windows 10 laptop and set up my user acct (admin) using my MS account. Log-in and settings seem to function normally. But, the default user is M.BUBBLES (prior owner, not me!); all my files go into this directory, he is listed as OWNER of computer as well...
  6. Windows 10 user accounts

Windows 10 user accounts: Hi Please can you advise me how to add administrator user account icon or photo to the opening screen on Windows 10. Mine used to be there but has disappeared although my family members who are also users but not administrators continue to appear. Many thanks...
  7. Windows 10 User Accounts

Windows 10 User Accounts: Can I have 2 separate accounts on Win 10 - one for myself as the Admin and one for myself as a standard user, and use the same Microsoft ID for both accounts? I am the only user of my PC. I read that it is safer to use a standard account, with the ability to switch to your...
  8. Windows 10 User Accounts

Windows 10 User Accounts: Hi I am using Windows 10 Home single language 1809.When I go into the Accounts settings I couldn't find the family and other users settings.Instead of that I find Other users settings.When I tried to add other user, microsoft console opens showing a message that this feature...
  9. Windows 10 1803 Main User Account suddenly missing, Switch User not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1803 Main User Account suddenly missing, Switch User not available: This is an old HP Pavillion DV7 Laptop that I still get good use out of with Visual Studio 2017. Summary: the "Main" User Account only appeared to be missing, and was able to be restored easily with all files intact, but NOT with anything I found searching Microsoft Forums!...
  10. windows 10 user account not there

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 user account not there: I have downloaded windows 10 and set up my user account and tried to add family but on the email it says account activated but when I go to the family user page no one is there. So start adding family again and it says this person in part of your family. I feel like getting...