Windows 10: windows 10 user account not there

Discus and support windows 10 user account not there in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have downloaded windows 10 and set up my user account and tried to add family but on the email it says account activated but when I go to the family... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by broadrien4, Aug 3, 2015.

1. windows 10 user account not there

I have downloaded windows 10 and set up my user account and tried to add family but on the email it says account activated but when I go to the family user page no one is there. So start adding family again and it says this person in part of your family. I feel like getting rid. Please can anyone help.

:)

broadrien4, Aug 3, 2015

2. Admin user account not working. There is also no "Family & Others" option available on secondary user account

You betcha, love to help.

I like to create an extra account on my computer as a local account. During creation, I just keep choosing the "no thanks, don't use or create any email" and eventually you reach a regular local user account creation. (Alternatively you can create the account
    from the command prompt, which would create a local account). I set it as an administrator and give it a password I won't forget. The reason I create this extra local one is just as a safety net. I may never ever login to it (well except the first time
    to make sure it's working). But if my regular "every day" profile ever gets mucked up for some reason and I can't fix it, I always have that other user on the login screen I can login to and, at the very least, make a copy of any files I need (although all
    of my files are stored in OneDrive so really my PC could fall into a lake and I'd be "okay").

windows 10 user account not there [​IMG]

And although you can't see it here, there's also a built-in account that actually has the name of "administrator". During normal use this account is disabled and can't be used (either for you to login, nor any programs can "run as" that user). But if you
    ever reboot into safe mode (which can only be reached locally by someone with physical computer access, not remotely), then this administrator account activates and you can use it for that same emergency repair. Or at least it should. Things could go wrong
    or malware can target it (to prevent you from doing this very repair), so I still make my own separate account.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 3, 2015
  3. NormWo Win User
    Admin user account not working. There is also no "Family & Others" option available on secondary user account

Shawn:

Great suggestions! I followed your instructions and it worked great. Thanks.

Norman

NormWo, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

windows 10 user account not there

What E-mail?
    What/where is the family user page?
    Where are you adding family?

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  5. outlook.com
    go to settings, accounts and then family and other users this is where you add the family

broadrien4, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 user account not there

1. windows 10 user account not there - Similar Threads - user account

2. User Account Control Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control Error: When I attempted to install my one of my printers on my new PC, I received 'This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator.' I am the administrator and the only person...
  3. To change the user account type

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    To change the user account type: when I tried to change the user [ATTACH]account type it wont allowing me to change it. And when iam deleting the files in one user account and it will be also[ATTACH]deleted in another administrator account also....
  4. Forced Microsoft account on fresh install, problem with user folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Microsoft account on fresh install, problem with user folder name: So when I have to create my account on a fresh install with my Microsoft account, it names my user folder something stupid. Can I rename the user folder afterwards without breaking things? This is on a Home version of Windows. submitted by /u/Ebojager [link] [comments]...
  5. transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account: Hi I have 3 computers that were recently upgraded to win 10 from win 7 & 8 via digital license. These pc's were infected with ransomware last week and we are changing hard drives. How does we transfer the license to the new windows install if the clients do not have a...
  6. Does anyone know how to bypas this issue user account password

Does anyone know how to bypas this issue user account password: I swear this is the biggest dumbest updated issue that has never been a windows problem before since windows 7. I buy my computers used. And yes I made my own ms account but I'm trying to install a program and its asking me for the previous owners pin or password for me to...
  7. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User account .000 after upgrade to 1909: After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?...
  8. Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...

Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...: submitted by /u/CaptainHunt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f41pf9/normal_user_account_doesnt_have_permission_to/
  9. Strange group or user name in my User account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange group or user name in my User account: If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find: SYSTEM S-1-5-21-2111192990-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx Administrators [machine]\Administrators What is that alpha-numeric entry I'm only showing some...
  10. Missing Windows 10 user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing Windows 10 user account: My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to. In other words, my windows boot-up screen does not list that account, nor does any account setting screen show that user...