Windows 10: Windows 10 User Account - "Other People" File ??

Discus and support Windows 10 User Account - "Other People" File ?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run a single user Windows 10 desktop system with MS Office software packages Excel/Word/Outlook. Also have iTunes package for music. Basic computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rej_101, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Rej_101 Win User

Windows 10 User Account - "Other People" File ??

I run a single user Windows 10 desktop system with MS Office software packages Excel/Word/Outlook. Also have iTunes package for music. Basic computer user - no games/movies/etc. My desktop system uses a 930 GB hard disk - 700+ GB free space. I recently noticed while in Settings/System/Storage that 148 GB of disk space was allocated to "Other People" ?? I am the only person using this system - no Other People/Other Users/Local Users/etc. What is 148 GB of disk space being used for? I cannot delete this file and I cannot find any source of info that explains what this file is being used for and why so much disk space is required frustrating!. Can someone shed some light on this problem? Thanks.

:)

Rej_101, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 User Account - "Other People" File ?? :(

Zakin, Mar 26, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 User Account - "Other People" File ?? - Similar Threads - User Account File

2. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer: My storage has been full lately so I went into settings to try clearing it out and noticed “Other people” has been taking up 28.3 GB yet there’s no one using my computer other than me, when i click on “Manage other users” it gives me the option to add another one but none to...
  3. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer: My storage has been full lately so I went into settings to try clearing it out and noticed “Other people” has been taking up 28.3 GB yet there’s no one using my computer other than me, when i click on “Manage other users” it gives me the option to add another one but none to...
  4. “Other people” taking up storage but there’s no other user on this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.: Good Day!!Device: Desktop with Windows 10 ProIssue: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe error No Admin or User AccountWe already do every solutions we find online but the bsod keeps coming back so we just want to install a fresh windows 10 to the pc. I was trying to recover the files from the...
  6. File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.: Good Day!!Device: Desktop with Windows 10 ProIssue: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe error No Admin or User AccountWe already do every solutions we find online but the bsod keeps coming back so we just want to install a fresh windows 10 to the pc. I was trying to recover the files from the...
  7. File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot access other user accounts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access other user accounts in windows 10: Hi, I was logging into a user and it was protected with a pin then I accidentally clicked I forgot my pin and then I was back on my first account and after that, I cannot see my user and cannot access it. It existed as it was showing up in the control panel. I deleted that...
  9. Minecraft for windows 10, but not available on other user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for windows 10, but not available on other user accounts: Quite an irritating issue. I bought Minecraft for my daughter today. The game has been downloaded to the laptop into my user account, but she cannot access the game from her user account, meaning she needs to log in as me in order to play the game. I'd rather she were able to...
  10. Missing family and other people in account settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing family and other people in account settings: For some reason, the account i have on my computer is not an administrator account. So, i tried to make it an administrator account, but family and other people isnt there. Please help...