Windows 10: Windows 10 user account password

Discus and support Windows 10 user account password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I seem to have set up my Windows 10 PC with a different password from that of my Microsoft account. My children recently discovered the user account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DH4Barton, Sep 30, 2018.

1. DH4Barton Win User

Windows 10 user account password

I seem to have set up my Windows 10 PC with a different password from that of my Microsoft account. My children recently discovered the user account that I use, this is the administrator on the PC so I wanted to change it. When I did this I was asked for the old password but putting the usual PC password in caused an "incorrect password" error. Upon investigation I discovered the password being requested was my Microsoft account password.

I used Settings / Accounts / Sign-on options to try and change the PC password. If I proceed with the change will it apply a single password to the PC sign-in and my Microsoft account? Or will it just change the Microsoft account and leave the PC password as it is? If it is the latter how do I go about changing the PC password?

:)

DH4Barton, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 user account password :(

Zakin, Sep 30, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 user account password - Similar Threads - user account password

2. User Account Control - Windows - Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control - Windows - Password: How can I, the admin for the laptop, change the password for a user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-windows-password/2aae58cf-c2c2-4911-8df7-06d883349816
  3. User Account Control - Windows - Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account Control - Windows - Password: How can I, the admin for the laptop, change the password for a user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-windows-password/2aae58cf-c2c2-4911-8df7-06d883349816
  4. User Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password: On my laptop I have my Microsoft Account and in there it has my other devices, namely my desktop which I got after my laptop. For some reason my desktop will not open new programs anymore without asking for a password. I have my password for my microsoft account, but that...
  5. User Account Control Windows 10 Pro Password!

User Account Control Windows 10 Pro Password!: Hi please see pic today i removed the hotmail account that was signed into my windows 10 laptop, please note when i click on user account to make changes this box keeps poping up! i have even tried to sign in with the account i removed, but it keeps asking for password ,...
  6. User account Windows 10 password always wrong?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account Windows 10 password always wrong?: Good evening, I bought a new notebook and set it up today. Right from the start it required entering the password of my Microsoft account on restart. But since I don't prefer to secure my password, I looked online for instructions and followed them: Wie kann ich meinen PC...
  7. user account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account password: I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account. When I re-boot, it is looking for a password. I never had one and I don't know what to do....
  8. Changing user account password win 10

Changing user account password win 10: I am the administrator and have Windows 10. I need to change the password for a user account. When I run netplwiz, for each user I see 2 entries one in HomeUsers Group and one in HomeUsers; Users Group. Regardless which one I select the Reset Password option is greyed out...
  9. User Account Password Reset

User Account Password Reset: I forgot my user account password on my laptop (I am the admin), and was just wondering how I can reset it or log in to change it using a free method and without resetting windows....
  10. Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10: How to: Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10 How to Reset Password of Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC. If...