Windows 10: Windows 10 User Account Service Bug

Discus and support Windows 10 User Account Service Bug in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi - just had a weird bug with Windows 10 2004. Turned on my computer Don't think there was an update or anything before and on logon attempts it was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TomBarratt, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 User Account Service Bug

Hi - just had a weird bug with Windows 10 2004.

Turned on my computer Don't think there was an update or anything before and on logon attempts it was giving the "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" message. Upon rebooting it logged on but into a new user environment i.e apps, settings and documents were as though I just created a new account.

I looked at C:/Users to find 5 temp user folders below, and the directory for the account I was currently logged on was in one of these new ones should be tom_b.

Windows 10 User Account Service Bug 8631ae72-dbbb-4457-b723-4e25c8612b6d?upload=true.png

After another reboot, I was logged into the correct account. Nothing was lost except for the time re-configuring the account thinking that my old one was lost

Just wanted to put this out there - can't say I've seen anything like this before

:)

TomBarratt, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 User Account Service Bug :(

Zakin, Oct 1, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 User Account Service Bug

Windows 10: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 User Account Service Bug

1. Windows 10 User Account Service Bug - Similar Threads - User Account Service

2. Windows 10 Locked Out User Account Service failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Locked Out User Account Service failed: So I was trying to log on to another profile yesterday night so I could create a question document, and I clicked on this one profile to sign in and I forgot I deleted it, but after I got the error, the other users were not showing at all, and I was stuck in a loop of...
  3. Windows 10 Locked Out User Account Service failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Locked Out User Account Service failed: So I was trying to log on to another profile yesterday night so I could create a question document, and I clicked on this one profile to sign in and I forgot I deleted it, but after I got the error, the other users were not showing at all, and I was stuck in a loop of...
  4. Windows 10 Locked Out User Account Service failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile Service not working+ Administrator accounts.: Hey, I need help with fixing my computer. I tried to do a factory reset to my computer and it failed. I got to the point where it said cloud or local download, but it said cloud didn’t work so try local. i did local and after that i tried to log back in and it said User...
  6. Only 1 administrator account. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Only 1 administrator account. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User...: The Bluetooth drivers haven’t been working on my computer for almost a year now, but I have wired headphones so that’s not my main concern. But the yesterday when I restarted my computer, the internet wasn’t working even though I’m able to use wifi on all my other devices. So...
  7. Windows 10: User profile Service service failed the sign in, no switch user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: User profile Service service failed the sign in, no switch user: I made another user on my laptop and when I switched user and tried to open it, "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot load" appeared. I also can't switch to my main profile since there's no switch profile button on the sign in page. Can...
  8. Windows 10: User profile Service service failed the sign in, no switch user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: User profile Service service failed the sign in, no switch user: I made another user on my laptop and when I switched user and tried to open it, "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot load" appeared. I also can't switch to my main profile since there's no switch profile button on the sign in page. Can...
  9. Windows 10: User profile Service service failed the sign in, no switch user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10 Microsoft Account Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Account Bug: So I recently switched my primary user email from my parents to mine. An issue came up when trying to sign into the Xbox companion app where when I type in the email it says that account doesn't exist. When I press create new one it transferred my email there and then said...