Windows 10: Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

Discus and support Windows 10 User Account setup and defining in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before.
    "
    I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is: "Administrator" .

To verify, I go to: "Change User Account Control", the STANDARD is checked, and if I check "ADMINISTRATOR" the "change account type" is greyed out.

Please advise.

:)

Brink, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 User Account setup and defining :(

Zakin, Jun 16, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining - Similar Threads - User Account setup

2. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fast. Rebooted and selected other user. It then wants and email and password. Since user was setup without email, I Clicked the keypad under the...
  3. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  4. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  5. Local GPO Windows 10 System Defined Device Setup Classes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local GPO Windows 10 System Defined Device Setup Classes: As per Microsoft's " System-Defined Device Setup Classes Available to Vendors" there is no difference between USB Drive and Hard Disk Drives, at least not that I know of or have found an answer online. Why do we need know the difference between them is explained below:...
  6. User defined "Snap areas"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User defined "Snap areas": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tm07x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfiy7b/user_defined_snap_areas/
  7. Windows 10 User Account setup and defining

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User Account setup and defining: My current LT with Windows 10 Home during installs, etc now say "you don't have authority...".when changing, installing things that did not produce an error before. " I suspect my "Account/User Profile" maybe corrupted but when I check my "Local Account" name, it says it is:...
  8. User account setup on 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account setup on 10 Pro: How do you set a user up to only log out manually not just by logging in as another user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-setup-on-10-pro/fea97f3a-9ecd-4f67-a8a5-e5d46a30d5e9
  9. windows startup user defined sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows startup user defined sound: Hello Team, I want to use windows startup tone as per my wish. I've already saved the audio file in '.wav' format in 'c:\Windows\media'. the file plays while test run. when I shut down and start again, NO TONE is being played. changed the tone to default, it works....
  10. Define wireless settings per user account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Define wireless settings per user account: Hi, At home we have a shared PC running Win10 Pro which is used by adults and youngsters. I want to ensure that when youngsters use the PC then they access an Wifi accesspoint which does only gives them access to the internet but not internal file shares or other...