Windows 10: Windows 10 : User account status degraded ?

Discus and support Windows 10 : User account status degraded ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What does it mean when the user account status is "degraded"? This is happened with My default User Account. I tried the following methods to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anis Mula, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Anis Mula Win User

Windows 10 : User account status degraded ?

What does it mean when the user account status is "degraded"?

This is happened with My default User Account.

I tried the following methods to re-enable user account status :

$ net user darty /active:yes

log: La commande s’est terminée correctement.

Sames this command works fine but when I check back the status : still the same it wen't apply the changes

$ wmic useraccount list full
    log:

AccountType=512

Description=

Disabled=TRUE

Domain=DAISY

LocalAccount=TRUE

Lockout=FALSE

Name=darty

PasswordChangeable=TRUE

PasswordExpires=FALSE

PasswordRequired=FALSE

SID=S-1-5-21-1036532286-94586955-543066823-5555

SIDType=1

Status=Degraded

Methods 2 : Using Local User And Group Management

Press : CTRL + R

Enter : lusrmgr.msc

1. Un-Check "Le Compte est désactivé" then apply the the changes.

Windows 10 : User account status degraded ? 87014d5b-d11a-4f7a-b4e5-fcb13393c7e4?upload=true.png

2. Check back the status : Nothing has changed

$ wmic useraccount list full
    log:

AccountType=512

Description=

Disabled=TRUE

Domain=DAISY

LocalAccount=TRUE

Lockout=FALSE

Name=darty

PasswordChangeable=TRUE

PasswordExpires=FALSE

PasswordRequired=FALSE

SID=S-1-5-21-1036532286-94586955-543066823-5555

SIDType=1

Status=Degraded

3. Wen't apply the changes using the Local User And Group Management either.

Windows 10 : User account status degraded ? 3706cc6f-5e84-4f7c-ba2c-4de088b9a02a?upload=true.png

Notice: The 'Le compte est désactivé'box has been reset to Check.

Environment : Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.19041.0 Win32NT

Build Version : Windows 10 Pro 19041

Windows Version: 2004.

:)

Anis Mula, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 : User account status degraded ? :(

Zakin, Nov 15, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Windows 10 : User account status degraded ?

Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 : User account status degraded ?

1. Windows 10 : User account status degraded ? - Similar Threads - User account status

2. Windows 10/11 Degradation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10/11 Degradation: Does anyone know why Dolphin/Slippi would be taking such a long time to open? I've also noticed that when dragging an application window, that my monitor doesn't look nearly as smooth as it should, with it being 240hz; dragging the application looks choppy/stuttering....
  3. Windows 10 VM degraded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 VM degraded: Hi,I am running a Windows 10 Pro x64 [with a Windows Insider license]. My host gave me a BSOD at one point with the VM running.Since then I can log in but end up with a black screen. Ctrl-Alt-Del works but the task manager doesn't open.When I try any recovery option, it...
  4. Degraded Account

Degraded Account: After typing wmic useraccount list full in command prompt i see that my status=degraded. This is my only account how do i fix this problem and why is it happening? This is the account of the name i tried to change: AccountType=512 Description=A user account managed and...
  5. Windows 10 Search degraded, Indexing progress failing to retain status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Search degraded, Indexing progress failing to retain status: My Windows 10 Search function is failing, so I started to re-index. As of today, number of indexed items has fallen dramatically, while Pending Items has increased dramatically. I am using "Enhanced". Total Items are about 782,000. Are there any known problems with the...
  6. User Account Status

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Status: I Changed My User Status To Device Owner And Now I Am Unable To Access Through The Other User And I Have Also Lost Some Of My Files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-status/62f30e1b-8c89-44dd-89b9-89ffd2aacb21
  7. Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10

Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10: My Dell desktop PC w/ Windows 10 has runs slower and slower, until I have to reboot. The reboot is required at least once per day. This never used to be the case. It began happening about a month ago. I checked the memory w/ the Windows memory analyzer, which showed...
  8. Windows 10 Internet Speed Degradation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Internet Speed Degradation: One of the PCs on my home network is a Windows 10 Home on an HP laptop Intel Core i5 with 8GB of memory. I have an internet connection of 1Gbps up and down. I have noticed, when using Ookla Speedtest on the PC native app, not browser, that the Internet speed is GROSSLY less...
  9. System.Diagnostics.StackFrame performance degrade in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System.Diagnostics.StackFrame performance degrade in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after you upgrade to Windows 10 or .NET Framework 4.7.1, and you notice a significant decrease in performance when you run .NET Framework applications that use the System.Diagnostics.StackFrame class, then this post might interest you. We will look at...
  10. Windows 10 Performance Degradation

Windows 10 Performance Degradation: Hi, My PC is now 5 years old and its performance has been gradually degrading over the last few months until it is almost unusable. I am trying to determine if this is just because of its age, whether it's a hardware problem, a problem with Windows, or with some third-party...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 account degraded