Windows 10: Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC

Discus and support Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; for the first time in my 20 years fixing Computers at a hobby level. I'm stumped how to fix what I've done. PC: i5 7600k asus prime z270-p 16GB DDR4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Garethcupido, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC

for the first time in my 20 years fixing Computers at a hobby level. I'm stumped how to fix what I've done. PC: i5 7600k asus prime z270-p 16GB DDR4 Ram windows 10 pro ill try keep it short, I created a user profile in windows 10 pro for my wife to use, that is custom to her accessibility issues. no issue doing that. now an unrelated nvidia error has come up, I believe my card is failing... anyway I want to format the boot drive and re-install windows, but before I attempted to do that, I noticed general troubleshooting dialog boxes that would normally sort them selves out were giving me this error code "0x80070005" . and a lot of apps weren't opening, saying files are missing etc. something relating to administrator privileges, but strangely enough I never changed any settings for my administrator account. Anyway the big problem I have now is whenever I try to open the User settings via control panel or via some other route, the control panel just hangs and will freeze, Even in all the available Safe boot modes. still just hangs like a MF, and just wont let me access user settings so I can reset it to default or check if anything infact was maybe accidently changed by me, which I know I didn't. I can see I am still logged in as Administrator anyway? ****? so the roll on of this issue, is I cant do system recoveries, or roll backs or Resets, as I think its all relating to whatever administrator settings which I cant access. I have a second SSD HDD, how can I go about installing windows 10 on that HDD and setting the stuffed one as a slave, then I can just access the files I want off it via windows explorer and then format it.?

:)

Garethcupido, Feb 10, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC :(

Zakin, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC

1. Windows 10 User accounts Administrator bug? cant access C drice or reset/format PC - Similar Threads - User accounts Administrator

2. Administrator problems, reset issues and c drive access denial.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator problems, reset issues and c drive access denial.: I mistakenly deleted all the administrator accounts in my windows 10 PC. Now I cannot even access the C: drive and every time I try to run a program it keeps telling me windows could not be locate the file path. I have tried resetting but, it keeps telling me windows...
  3. Administrator problems, reset issues and c drive access denial.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator problems, reset issues and c drive access denial.: I mistakenly deleted all the administrator accounts in my windows 10 PC. Now I cannot even access the C: drive and every time I try to run a program it keeps telling me windows could not be locate the file path. I have tried resetting but, it keeps telling me windows...
  4. Administrator problems, reset issues and c drive access denial.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Administrator Account access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account access: So i recently purchased a used Dell laptop from an individual, they did not remove the administrator account or give me the password to it. i have access to one of the guest accounts but cannot even change the name on the guest account because i dont have administrator...
  6. Windows 10 User Account Service Bug

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 User Account Service Bug: Hi - just had a weird bug with Windows 10 2004. Turned on my computer Don't think there was an update or anything before and on logon attempts it was giving the "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded" message. Upon rebooting it...
  7. Windows 10 C:\Users account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 C:\Users account: In last few weeks have been having some difficulty with trying to change my Users account name transferred to this windows 10 from a USB ultra backup from my deceased Windows 7 three months ago. In last 4 months i have added accounts and changed accounts. Long story. See...
  8. No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No accessible administrator accounts on windows 10: So I've had my computer for over a year and decided to search through the control panel. I came across accounts as the next tab to search through and I changed my local account's "group" from administrator to device owner thinking it would unlock more settings if i snooped a...
  9. Windows 10 User Account Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Account Administrator: I tried to change the Administrator in my laptop through Windows 10, but somehow the laptop no longer has an Administrator on any of the user accounts. When I try to make a change to my computer using an app or program, I’m requested to provide admin permission through the...
  10. User Account / Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...