Windows 10: Windows 10 user accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 user accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Please can you advise me how to add administrator user account icon or photo to the opening screen on Windows 10. Mine used to be there but has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffreyYoutan, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 user accounts

Hi

Please can you advise me how to add administrator user account icon or photo to the opening screen on Windows 10. Mine used to be there but has disappeared although my family members who are also users but not administrators continue to appear. Many thanks

:)

JeffreyYoutan, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 user accounts :(

Zakin, Jan 10, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 user accounts

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 user accounts

1. Windows 10 user accounts - Similar Threads - user accounts

2. User Account Control Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control Error: When I attempted to install my one of my printers on my new PC, I received 'This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator.' I am the administrator and the only person...
  3. To change the user account type

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    To change the user account type: when I tried to change the user [ATTACH]account type it wont allowing me to change it. And when iam deleting the files in one user account and it will be also[ATTACH]deleted in another administrator account also....
  4. Forced Microsoft account on fresh install, problem with user folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Microsoft account on fresh install, problem with user folder name: So when I have to create my account on a fresh install with my Microsoft account, it names my user folder something stupid. Can I rename the user folder afterwards without breaking things? This is on a Home version of Windows. submitted by /u/Ebojager [link] [comments]...
  5. transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer digital license to a new hard drive with - local users no MS account: Hi I have 3 computers that were recently upgraded to win 10 from win 7 & 8 via digital license. These pc's were infected with ransomware last week and we are changing hard drives. How does we transfer the license to the new windows install if the clients do not have a...
  6. Does anyone know how to bypas this issue user account password

Does anyone know how to bypas this issue user account password: I swear this is the biggest dumbest updated issue that has never been a windows problem before since windows 7. I buy my computers used. And yes I made my own ms account but I'm trying to install a program and its asking me for the previous owners pin or password for me to...
  7. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User account .000 after upgrade to 1909: After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?...
  8. Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...

Normal user account doesn't have permission to open program. How can I give it using the...: submitted by /u/CaptainHunt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f41pf9/normal_user_account_doesnt_have_permission_to/
  9. Strange group or user name in my User account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange group or user name in my User account: If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find: SYSTEM S-1-5-21-2111192990-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx Administrators [machine]\Administrators What is that alpha-numeric entry I'm only showing some...
  10. Missing Windows 10 user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Missing Windows 10 user account: My system administrator user account, which is shown as being active when using the "net user", is NOT listed as a account I can switch or log-on to. In other words, my windows boot-up screen does not list that account, nor does any account setting screen show that user...