Windows 10: Windows 10 user accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 user accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question. Windows 10 will not let me create another user account. When the login screen appears, it sometimes shows two Administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by M.Reyna, Jun 19, 2019.

1. M.Reyna Win User

Windows 10 user accounts

Hello, I have a question. Windows 10 will not let me create another user account. When the login screen appears, it sometimes shows two Administrator accounts. I can log into both with the same password. If i change the password in one it will affect the other. When i go to try to delete one of them, it only shows one account. When i try to do certain things like open up Micrsoft Edge, it tells me that it can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. It says to sign in with a different acct and when i click on the "+" button to Add someone else to this PC, a pop up window says i need to install an app for this task. It asks me if i would like to search for one in the Store. Can anyone help me?

:)

M.Reyna, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 user accounts :(

Zakin, Jun 26, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 user accounts

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 user accounts

1. Windows 10 user accounts - Similar Threads - user accounts

2. Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...: Not a question but I'm attempting to Answer the previous issue from January. I've been running into the same issue but what ended up working for me was I built the provisioning package using Microsoft Configuration Design from the Microsoft store. I was able to build, test,...
  3. Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kiosk mode causes all user account to be black screen after applying provisioning package...: Not a question but I'm attempting to Answer the previous issue from January. I've been running into the same issue but what ended up working for me was I built the provisioning package using Microsoft Configuration Design from the Microsoft store. I was able to build, test,...
  4. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....: User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-keeps-popping-up-with-only/09a54232-4000-4cd7-bac1-e8dcd2bdc20f
  5. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....: User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC. Do you want to allow app to make Changes to PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-keeps-popping-up-with-only/09a54232-4000-4cd7-bac1-e8dcd2bdc20f
  6. User Account Control keeps popping up with only the no option. Cant install anything to PC....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do I find the other user account on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I find the other user account on my PC: I have a new business optiplex computer that is set up for work. I created a new user for personal use with a separate Microsoft account and when I logged in to the personal user account the main work user disappeared. I was unable to get the user to show up on the home...
  8. how do I find the other user account on my PC

how do I find the other user account on my PC: I have a new business optiplex computer that is set up for work. I created a new user for personal use with a separate Microsoft account and when I logged in to the personal user account the main work user disappeared. I was unable to get the user to show up on the home...
  9. How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?

How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?: Over the years, I have accumulated several unnecessary and unused user accounts. I would like to delete them. Could anyone assist me, please?...
  10. How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can declutter User Accounts which are not used now?: Over the years, I have accumulated several unnecessary and unused user accounts. I would like to delete them. Could anyone assist me, please?...