Windows 10: Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown

Discus and support Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good afternoon; I am currently assisting one of my clients with a PC issue that they are having after the Windows 10 1903 Update and I am at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thornton-IT, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown

Good afternoon;

I am currently assisting one of my clients with a PC issue that they are having after the Windows 10 1903 Update and I am at the point where a reinstall looks like the better option, but I thought to reach out to the MS Community first.

The computer boots to Windows fine to the point where the time and date is shown in the lower left of the screen. Typically pressing enter, mouse clicks or other you'd normally be greeted by a list of users, and the last user logged in with a password box to type a password... This is the problem... No user avatar, no password box and no list of users. The screen does transition to blur the background, but then nothing.

Booting into Safe Mode with Networking works without a glitch... User's list shown, user avatar and password box all shown as expected.

I have tied the following with no success (All via safe mode)...

1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - Failed
    2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:C:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess - Success
    3. SFC /scannow - Success
    4. New User Account
    5. New User Account - Auto login
    6. Existing User Account - Auto login
    7. Updated the Graphics driver to the latest available
    8. Disabled the application startups (Device Manager > Startup)
    9. Checked the Event Viewer - Nothing stands out
    10. Checked the Reliability Manager - Disabled Windows Biometric Service, PC-Doctor and Dell Digital Delivery Manager in Services as this services showed a number of stops/fails after the update.
    11. I've even went about repairing the boot files (bootsec /fixmbr, bootsec /fixboot, etc...)

Is there something I am missing...? Can anyone offer advise....?

:)

Thornton-IT, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

X Box Avatar for Windows 10

Hi,

• Have you created the avatar using Windows store app or on your Xbox device?
    Please refer to the below article and check if it addresses your issue.

Create or edit an avatar on your PC

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...7f20d6a18/create-or-edit-an-avatar-on-your-pc

If the issue still persist and it is related to Xbox device I would suggest you to post your query in dedicated Xbox forum. Link is provided below.

Xbox Forum

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse?product=games&category=xbox-games-on-windows

If you need further assistance on Windows related issue please post you query in this forum.

Darshan J, Aug 26, 2019
  3. X Box Avatar for Windows 10

I am unable to remove the X Box Avatar in Windows 10. This was entered in error and in not required.

Please help.

Woodsie 010, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown

Black Dot and Numbers filled up in the password box and the Notepad

Hello,

There are several ways to troubleshoot sign-in issues in Windows 10. Since the system automatically fills out the password box with black dots and already did a few troubleshooting steps, we suggest creating a new user account to see if this issue will occur
    on a new user profile. This will help you check if your current user account is corrupted. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown

1. Windows 10 User Avatar and Password Box Not Shown - Similar Threads - User Avatar Password

2. Password box not showing for Local User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password box not showing for Local User: My personal account is able to be logged into as normal. However, when trying to log in with the Local User account I added it lets me click it but no password box shows up and the "Sign In" button does nothing when clicked. I've restarted my computer many times to no avail....
  3. Password box not showing for Local User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box not showing for Local User: My personal account is able to be logged into as normal. However, when trying to log in with the Local User account I added it lets me click it but no password box shows up and the "Sign In" button does nothing when clicked. I've restarted my computer many times to no avail....
  4. Password box not showing for Local User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Red box around user name and password box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red box around user name and password box: When I try to log into my medical account or other accounts that require a user name and password, I have a red box around the user name and password box and I cannot type in those boxes. What are these red boxes and why did they start showing up?...
  6. Red box around user name and password box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Red box around user name and password box: When I try to log into my medical account or other accounts that require a user name and password, I have a red box around the user name and password box and I cannot type in those boxes. What are these red boxes and why did they start showing up?...
  7. Red box around user name and password box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Search box not shown

in Cortana
    Search box not shown: I have been having problems in which I do not have the option to switch to search box in my Lenovo laptop. I used to have the option to do this but after I just opened my computer this morning, I found that my search box have been switch to search icon and when I tried to...
  9. In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    In WIndows 10 some icons are shown as boxes: I am facing this in my windows 10 after updating to ver 1909 some of my icons are shown as boxes [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-some-icons-are-shown-as-boxes/fc208cc1-f0f9-457e-ba17-91deac687ace
  10. Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.: Hi, I'm using window 10, trying to use netplwiz to bypass login but when I chose my user name there is not check box to uncheck use password and user name. Anyone know why? SJM...