Windows 10: Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair

Discus and support Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there So, two days ago I got stuck in an automatic repair loop after trying to enable an old soundcard connected trhough usb in my DAW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xjimdim, May 13, 2016.

1. xjimdim Win User

Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair

Hello there

So, two days ago I got stuck in an automatic repair loop after trying to enable an old soundcard connected trhough usb in my DAW software.

I tried everything there is about fixing it (because reinstalling all the programs I got in that drive is a nightmare) but still nothing.

So today I decided i will reinstall windows from scratch and I went through my WinPE console (through USB) to copy all the very important files of my work that I had on my desktop. I went under the Users folder but there wasn't my username there!!! In fact the Users foled itself is only 8mb in size.

Where did all my user files go? Everything else looks like its there (folders like Program Files, Windows, my xampp folder, and generally anything else on C*Smile

Last thing I tried is everythin in this reddit post:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) • r/Windows10
    Nothing of the previous commants that I run on cmd where supposed to do anything about the Users folder.
    I run chkdsk, sfc /scannow, some bootrec commands and that's it.
    At one moment I replaced everything in the config folder of System32 with everything in the RegBack folder. But i got nothing so I replaced the old ones back to normal.
    I also tried the DISM command but all i got was errors.
    Do any of those commands have to do with my Users file missing. I am getting crazy here

:)

xjimdim, May 13, 2016
  2. trbogt Win User

Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair loop

Hi...When you open 'This PC' and select your 'C' drive and open it the 'User' folder is there...it always is....The User folder just contains all you programs,one drive, downloads, pictures, documents, music, video's etc...usually the largest folder next
    to 'Windows' .

When installing Windows the User folder is created by default.

Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair [​IMG]

*this probably did'nt help but it's an unusual issue.

*john

trbogt, May 13, 2016
  3. xjimdim Win User
    Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair loop

Hello there

So, two days ago I got stuck in an automatic repair loop after trying to enable an old soundcard connected trhough usb in my DAW software.

I tried everything there is about fixing it (because reinstalling all the programs I got in that drive is a nightmare) but still nothing.

So today I decided i will reinstall windows from scratch and I went through my WinPE console (through USB) to copy all the very important files of my work that I had on my desktop. I went under the Users folder but there wasn't my username there!!! In fact
    the Users foled itself is only 8mb in size.

Where did all my user files go? Everything else looks like its there (folders like Program Files, Windows, my xampp folder, and generally anything else on CWindows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair :)

Last thing I tried is everythin in this reddit post:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storahci.sys) • r/Windows10

Nothing of the previous commants that I run on cmd where supposed to do anything about the Users folder.

I run chkdsk, sfc /scannow, some bootrec commands and that's it.

At one moment I replaced everything in the config folder of System32 with everything in the RegBack folder. But i got nothing so I replaced the old ones back to normal.

I also tried the DISM command but all i got was errors.

Do any of those commands have to do with my Users file missing. I am getting crazy here

xjimdim, May 13, 2016
  4. Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair

Is there a Windows.old folder on C:\

You need to change Folder view options to include Hidden files.

Slartybart, May 13, 2016
  5. xjimdim Win User
    nope there was nothing like that.

Anyway, EaseUS data recovery saved my life. It recovered everything that was somehow deleted. Now I am running on a new installation with all my files.

I don't know what really happened though... I guess it will remain unexplained

xjimdim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair

1. Windows 10 User files lost after attempting to repair automatic repair - Similar Threads - User files lost

2. Attempting repairs stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attempting repairs stuck: so, i have sony vaio. Yesterday i played like 3-4 hours, and now i opened my laptop and this happened [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attempting-repairs-stuck/d8f6cd82-f5ce-4c6f-b20a-c3ee2eb18862
  3. Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair: Stuck in loop and driving me nuts. I am not massively tech savvy but have followed a number of suggestions, system restore command prompts holding the power button x 2 etc othingsthings worked any simple step by step advice would be appreciated...
  4. endless loop of Preparing Automatic Repair ... Attempting Repairs ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    endless loop of Preparing Automatic Repair ... Attempting Repairs ...: Thanks for the excellent review of "Refreshing" Win10. I've read through all of the posts in this thread hoping to find something that related to my own specific problem ... but no joy. Three days ago my laptop refused to boot up properly, opting instead to go into the...
  5. Automatic Repair

Automatic Repair: G'day, I cannot find my tread about Automatic repair. I had to take my computer into the Computer Technician to get out of it. I want to post his report. There are some many others that are having the same problem. Please could somebody tell me how I can find the...
  6. Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair: Hi I'm a Windows Insider and so have that version of Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. A few days ago when booting up my laptop I noted that the screen said "Windows is performing automatic repair". The screen then went grey and stayed grey. I left it for as...
  7. Automatic Repair

Automatic Repair: So, the 28th of this month my computer was working fine. The next morning on Saturday, when i turned my computer back on, the automatic repair system kicked on and said it couldnt load windows. I tried everything i could trying to fix it. I looked up many different ways the...
  8. Attempting repairs

Attempting repairs: Attempting repairs is stuck, apparently there was an update. Need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/attempting-repairs/8cebda09-f828-49ab-9a48-85deb6b3c97a
  9. Automatic repair

Automatic repair: when i turn on my PC is brings me to anscreen that says “Automatic repair your PC did not start correctly” ill click restartand it will just take me back to automatic repair. Ill click advanced opitions then click continue and it will just take me back to automatic repair, no...
  10. Automatic repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic repair: Hi. My desktop computer will not start properly. As soon as I turn it on it goes straight to the automatic repair screen. I think I have tried everything but to no avail .can someone please help!!. 76850