Windows 10: windows 10: User folders xfered to secondary drive(d), in a SSD (C) boot and secondary...

Discus and support windows 10: User folders xfered to secondary drive(d), in a SSD (C) boot and secondary... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all. I'm having an issue. I somehow accidentally messed up the simple process of changing locations of my User folders when I read in between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seanlake1970, Jan 27, 2019.

1. windows 10: User folders xfered to secondary drive(d), in a SSD (C) boot and secondary...

Hello all.

I'm having an issue. I somehow accidentally messed up the simple process of changing locations of my User folders when I read in between setting up of various ways to do it., so now I have multiple folders called: Downloads, downloads, downloads. At one time it just said D: drive, it was just the d drive when I either clicked on it, or properties. When I told it to reset to default, it was on C drive, but they all said Documents. I'm not sure what to do.

Pictures, Music, and one of the Downloads that actually being pointed to on my D:Users/Pictures. I have however noticed other errors. in another picture that shows a pictures folder on the C drive under Users/srlake/...the pics in that folder are only of screenpresso, a screen capturing software, however when I do the settings, they are pointing to the D:/users/pictures folder. Oy.

So I have multiple issues and I only seem to be making it worse. the end result was just to have all my data hungry personal folders on the large secondary D drive, not the smaller 500 gb SSD, as others have stated was better anyways.

Is there a way to fix this simply without having to do a fresh clean install? windows 10: User folders xfered to secondary drive(d), in a SSD (C) boot and secondary... fa25e6ba-a768-40b3-b682-0ce9299eee1e?upload=true.png

windows 10: User folders xfered to secondary drive(d), in a SSD (C) boot and secondary... 42ed4cc1-87a3-4163-9561-a233ff9ce705?upload=true.png

:)

seanlake1970, Jan 27, 2019
  2. lvr181 Win User

Internal secondary hard drive not recognised

After fitting SSD (C: drive) to my Win10 machine I connected the old hard drive as a secondary storage drive.

Win10 does not "see" it!
    But Belarc Adviser "sees" the hard drive!

How to force Win 10 to recognise the secondary drive? Simple steps please for a non-techie.

Thanks.

lvr181, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Prophet Win User
    SSD as Boot and Raid as secondary

I've just bought a vertex 2 and have installed windows on it, but am having difficulties setting up a RAID0 with my 2 HDD's that i want to use as my backup/seconday drives. If i set my Sata config to raid it wont let me boot with my SSD. Any suggestions?

Prophet, Jan 27, 2019
  4. jkteddy77 Win User

windows 10: User folders xfered to secondary drive(d), in a SSD (C) boot and secondary...

Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

Hmm, which is faster. I attempted a Live Linux Drive already but it was very slow and would not boot, not to mention I don't know a thing about using linux.

Would option 2 be easier? I looked at Macrium, but the install steps themselves are confusing me, and I fear not knowing how to navigate it once I boot to it.

EDIT: I installed Macrium Reflect Free, went through these steps to create the media.
    Don't forget to check the UEFI/MBR box if you are attempting this yourself.
    I then booted to it, "browsed my files for an image", but for real, navigate to the WindowsApps folder on your secondary drive, and delete it. It doesn't disappear instantly, but when you exit the drive, and log back into windows, the folder will be gone.

Thanks for the suggestion cereberus!

jkteddy77, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

windows 10: User folders xfered to secondary drive(d), in a SSD (C) boot and secondary...

1. windows 10: User folders xfered to secondary drive(d), in a SSD (C) boot and secondary... - Similar Threads - User folders xfered

2. Slow Data Access on D Drive as Secondary User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Data Access on D Drive as Secondary User: Hello Support Team,I'm experiencing noticeable delays while accessing the D drive partition on my workstation, particularly when performing tasks like opening folders, transferring files to the desktop, and renaming files.Could you please assist me in resolving this...
  3. Slow Data Access on D Drive as Secondary User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Data Access on D Drive as Secondary User: Hello Support Team,I'm experiencing noticeable delays while accessing the D drive partition on my workstation, particularly when performing tasks like opening folders, transferring files to the desktop, and renaming files.Could you please assist me in resolving this...
  4. Slow Data Access on D Drive as Secondary User

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Secondary SSD D: drive goes missing when trying to install games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secondary SSD D: drive goes missing when trying to install games: My Secondary SSD D: drive disappears when trying to install games from steam and epic and won't reappear unless I restart my computer. When the drive disappears my computer tends to start having small stutters every couple of seconds. In the epic games launcher there claims...
  6. Secondary SSD D: drive goes missing when trying to install games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary SSD D: drive goes missing when trying to install games: My Secondary SSD D: drive disappears when trying to install games from steam and epic and won't reappear unless I restart my computer. When the drive disappears my computer tends to start having small stutters every couple of seconds. In the epic games launcher there claims...
  7. Windows created folder on secondary hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows created folder on secondary hard drive: Windows 10 is running on the ssd drive c. I have a second drive in the notebook and windows is creating a folder on that drive D:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps and when I delete the folder then windows will recreate it.How do I stop this from occurring?Thank you....
  8. Windows 10 on secondary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on secondary drive: Hey guys, I want to format my pc but before I do, I have a question that I'm hoping to have answered. I currently have a single SSD and two HDDs, the SSD I'm using primarily for Windows. At the moment, the SSD is defaulted as the C:\ drive and this has the annoying problem...
  9. Setting up Windows boot manager to boot from SSD as secondary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up Windows boot manager to boot from SSD as secondary drive: Hi, my situation is such that I had an internal mechanical HDD as the only booting drive. After adding a SSD inplace of optical drive it appears in system as 2nd hard drive without chance to change the order in UEFI BIOS. So it's internal drive #2. I used Paragon Hard Disk...
  10. Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the WindowsApps folder on secondary drive?: I set the Storage option for Windows Store to start installing apps too my D:/ Because of that, it created a folder called WindowsApps. Now it's time that I want to delete that folder, and all access is denied. I tried changing the permissions to my admin account and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change user name c drive windows 10 2019

2. windows 10 library secondary drive