Windows 10: Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password

Discus and support Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 in Workgroup 20H2 We use both PIN and password Can see PIN ability but not password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DennisJ Krohn, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password

Windows 10 in Workgroup 20H2

We use both PIN and password

Can see PIN ability but not password

:)

DennisJ Krohn, Apr 20, 2021

2. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password

1. Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password - Similar Threads - User Hello PIN

2. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????: Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN also? It's just to much to remember all those PIN's that are required for apps banking insurance windows why would a...
  3. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????: Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN also? It's just to much to remember all those PIN's that are required for apps banking insurance windows why would a...
  4. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Password PIN Reset Blocked By Windows Hello Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password PIN Reset Blocked By Windows Hello Feature: My PIN was entered incorrectly too many times, so now I have to enter the security phrase A1B2C3 every time before putting by PIN in. I tried going to settings to reset my PIN, but where it *should* say Reset PIN or Remove PIN it now says "This option is currently...
  6. Windows 10 Hello pin

Windows 10 Hello pin: I recently inadvertently, signed into my computer after an update, and established a pin code to log into my PC.I would like to revert back to just a password. So, my question is, if I disable the pin option, will Windows revertback to the password used before the creation of...
  7. REMOVE Password and Hello Pin

REMOVE Password and Hello Pin: HiI want to remove password from my laptop. After updating my PC it said that set up a windows hello pin in order to make signing in easy. I went o settings > sign in options > windows hello pin and removed the pin but then It asked to enter my Microsoft account password....
  8. user ID , pin and passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user ID , pin and passwords: I have 2 laptops running windows 10. Can i use the same user ID, password, pin, cellphone number, and email address for both laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-id-pin-and-passwords/b35bb65a-0f9d-4841-a207-d180ecf335e3
  9. not workings Hello Face,PIN,Password

not workings Hello Face,PIN,Password: I'm facing sign-in problem in my leptop.I'm using asus vivobook s531FL windows 10.but last few days i can't log in to my leptop. my Hello Face is not working and asking for pin.but here Pin and Password nothing is working. Everything is not accepting just shows that...
  10. User Password/PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Password/PIN: Hi. After I installed Build 10162, I do not have the option of a PIN at logon, just my long MS password. When I go to Users account control, it just gives me the option to CHANGE PIN, not to CREATE one. But yet when I log on, there is no option for a pin, only a password....