Windows 10: Windows 10 user licence query

Discus and support Windows 10 user licence query in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I currently have a self built computer which I've had for some years now. I'm experiencing difficulty at present with constantly being asked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CiroGenny, Mar 24, 2019.

1. CiroGenny Win User

Windows 10 user licence query

I currently have a self built computer which I've had for some years now. I'm experiencing difficulty at present with constantly being asked to activate windows, which puzzles me because as long as I can remember the version has always been activated!

my question/query is with regards to purchasing another licence for Windows 10. If I was to install a fresh operating system to my existing computer would my licence then be unusable should my computer break and I have to build another?

My computer is approximately 11 yrs old and used rarely, it has 4gb ram, Intel Duo Core 6600 @2.4Ghz 64 bit. I'm concerned that if it decides its had enough one day I'll be unable to use my operating system again, is this the case or can I re-install it on my next build?

thanks

:)

CiroGenny, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 user licence query - Similar Threads - user licence query

2. Microsoft Windows 10/11 Licencing Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 10/11 Licencing Query: I understand Microsoft has stopped the Open Licence Agreements from January 2022 and therefore can no longer add Licences to the Volume Licences Service Center.We are in the process of purchasing 5 Windows 11 licences for 5 Desktop PC's.I have been advised that the licences...
  3. Microsoft Windows 10/11 Licencing Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows 10/11 Licencing Query: I understand Microsoft has stopped the Open Licence Agreements from January 2022 and therefore can no longer add Licences to the Volume Licences Service Center.We are in the process of purchasing 5 Windows 11 licences for 5 Desktop PC's.I have been advised that the licences...
  4. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  5. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Customization
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  6. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows licenced user, how to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows licenced user, how to change?: Hello, I changed my email address a while ago. I noticed that it still appears when I run Winver. The About Windows information includes 'This product is licensed..... to: and then my old email address is shown. Is there a way to change this? Do I need to go into the...
  8. Multi user windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multi user windows 10 licence: I have a laptop with windows 10 already installed. we have previously purchased a licence that's is good for up to 5 machines / users. How do I get this installed on my lap top without having access to my daughters docs and her having access to mine? It was originally...
  9. Digital licence query.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital licence query.: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-query/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"
  10. Windows 10 queries

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 queries: Hi My apologies if these queries have been addressed previously but a brief search of the fora failed to satisfy them. Questions: 1. I updated Win7 ultimate in Aug 2015 to Win 10 pro. Is the Win 7 registration key stored on my computer and where can I find it's...