Windows 10: Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The User login is stuck on the Welcome Screen with spinning circleLogging in as System Administratorr and Windows works fine.All updates installed, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaveRiba, Jan 27, 2024.

1. DaveRiba Win User

Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode

The User login is stuck on the Welcome Screen with spinning circleLogging in as System Administratorr and Windows works fine.All updates installed, no problemSFC Scan Now is fine. Chkdsk is fineData is all there.No obvious system problemsFrom Administrator login, Changed MSConfig to minimal drivers & apps so only the basics install. Selected Safe Mode with Boot LogCold bootUser has the same spinning circles. No status change. No Safe ModeReboot. Administrator login comes up in Safe Mode !??So MSConfig works on Admin login, not on User login ???Not sure where to look.Does MSConfig only wo

:)

DaveRiba, Jan 27, 2024

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 27, 2024
  3. Windows 10 user login screen

I know you want to get into Safe Mode, but for verification, are you able to sign-in with the changed Microsoft account password on the PC?

In option 4, step 8 of Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)
    Did you get the

Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode 313437d1609781572t-windows-10-user-login-screen-all-set-password-changed-successfully.jpg

Following that step 9
    You can now sign in to Windows 10 and your devices with your Microsoft account using the new password.
    --- Can you now sign in with the new password?
    --- If not, what message do you get?

MeAndMyComputer, Jan 27, 2024
  4. Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode

Stuck in Safe mode and unable to login into PC on Windows 10.

Hello Renae,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Were you using password to enter the user profile prior to the issue?

• Are you using PIN or alphanumeric password to enter into your user profile PC?

• Is the keyboard not working on placing the PC in
      Safe mode
      ?

• Did you check if you are able to enter the user profile using
      On-screen keyboard?

You may be facing the above issue due to the change in hardware components or due to the non-updated keyboard drivers on your PC. You will not be able to enter the
    PIN code password when you are logged in with Safe mode.
    In Safe mode boot option, PIN code password is
    not enabled.

Windows has a built-in anti-virus software installed on your device called
    Windows Defender after you upgrade to Windows 10. Windows defender works just like other anti-viruses that are available in the market.

Step 1: If you are unable to login into your user account, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard by following the steps below and check if you are able to login.

The On-screen keyboard is located in the Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.

• Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.

• After typing, click on the icon located next to the password entry box and check if you have typed the correct password.

• Press Enter and check if you are able to login into the user profile.

Step 2: After logging in, update the
    keyboard drivers manually from Device manager and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After updating, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Refer to the link below on How to enable and use the built in Windows Defender for Antivirus Protection in Windows 10:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_security/how-to-enable-and-use-the-built-in-windows/0682bf04-b8d2-4646-9dfb-e5823a5e2117

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 27, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode

1. Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode - Similar Threads - User login spins

2. Windows 10 will not bypass login screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not bypass login screen in safe mode.: I am helping an aunt who's forgotten her password. I used shift/ restart to go to the advanced Startup I chose safe mode, but when the computer starts, it goes back to the login screen. Her windows account is linked to her landline so resetting her account is a problem. I am...
  3. Windows 10 will not bypass login screen in safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not bypass login screen in safe mode.: I am helping an aunt who's forgotten her password. I used shift/ restart to go to the advanced Startup I chose safe mode, but when the computer starts, it goes back to the login screen. Her windows account is linked to her landline so resetting her account is a problem. I am...
  4. Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode: The User login is stuck on the Welcome Screen with spinning circleLogging in as System Administratorr and Windows works fine.All updates installed, no problemSFC Scan Now is fine. Chkdsk is fineData is all there.No obvious system problemsFrom Administrator login, Changed...
  5. Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User login spins at Welcome screen. Unable to switch to Safe Mode: The User login is stuck on the Welcome Screen with spinning circleLogging in as System Administratorr and Windows works fine.All updates installed, no problemSFC Scan Now is fine. Chkdsk is fineData is all there.No obvious system problemsFrom Administrator login, Changed...
  6. Win11 Safe Mode Stuck at Login Welcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Safe Mode Stuck at Login Welcome: I just rest my Win11 to factory setting. Then I cannot login after putting in password. The first problem I encountered was user profile service service failed the sign-in. I sort of solved it with cmd in shift+reboot. Then the second problem happens with infinite wait on...
  7. Win11 Safe Mode Stuck at Login Welcome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Safe Mode Stuck at Login Welcome: I just rest my Win11 to factory setting. Then I cannot login after putting in password. The first problem I encountered was user profile service service failed the sign-in. I sort of solved it with cmd in shift+reboot. Then the second problem happens with infinite wait on...
  8. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login in safe mode: You responded to a question from Feb 5th about this problem. I tried your solution & it did not work & resulted in this response: "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be found." Initially, I tried to Safe Boot my Dell XPS...
  9. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to login in safe mode: I used the Safe Mode in order to remove drivers. In this process I checked the option Boot in Safe Mode in msconfig. Now, when I am trying to login, the system says - incorrect password. I know that the password is correct. The system goes into Safe Mode each time when I am...
  10. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login in safe mode: Hello, I entered safe mode to check some issue with my system however in spite of entering correct password (which is same as my Microsoft account password) the login screen shows incorrect password. I have tried safe mode with networking and my system is connected to...