Windows 10: Windows 10 user profile lost due to abnormal power failure.

Discus and support Windows 10 user profile lost due to abnormal power failure. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can someone tell me why the Windows 10 profile of the logged in user is lost when power is lost to the computer? We have had a lot of issues with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jason_305, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Jason_305 Win User

Windows 10 user profile lost due to abnormal power failure.

Can someone tell me why the Windows 10 profile of the logged in user is lost when power is lost to the computer? We have had a lot of issues with this and want to know if there is a way to prevent this from happening. We are running Windows 10 ENT. Have been have the issue with all versions.

:)

Jason_305, Feb 3, 2021

2. User data lost after power failure

Hi,

We have a client with around 30 workstations running Windows 10. They have recently experienced several power failures after which some machines have lost all user profile data. After logging in users are presented with a blank profile, as if it is the first
    time they have logged in. The original profile files are no longer present in C:\Users.

All other data such as installed applications remain intact. In some cases it has been possible to restore the user profiles using System Restore, but this has been hit and miss at best.

Does anyone know what could be causing user profile data in particular to be lost after these type of events while other data such as program files remains unaffected? Is there any way to prevent this or are backups and System Restore the only options?

Thanks,

Alan

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

AlanTeague, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Lost User profile after Windows 10 install

I have the same problem-

lost a profile when windows 10 installed.

That profile is listed in the user folder in windows.old.

What is the procedure to recover it?

John_W_Fraser, Feb 3, 2021
  4. v444 Win User

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

v444, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 user profile lost due to abnormal power failure. - Similar Threads - user profile lost

2. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  3. User profile lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User profile lost: Hello, I have deleted my user profile by mistake and I was trying to get it back.I can see my profile in users folder in C driver with all its contents and I can see the SID for my user profile when I search for it in the Registry editor; however, it seems my windows can't...
  4. User profile lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. lost windows user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost windows user profile: Ill start with this, I had 2 accounts on my pc, 1 for normal use and the other i made for uploading videos to youtube. My computer was acting up, so i took it to a repair shop, they wiped it and reinstalled windows. All works well now, except i can not remember the email that...
  6. lost windows user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lost windows user profile: Ill start with this, I had 2 accounts on my pc, 1 for normal use and the other i made for uploading videos to youtube. My computer was acting up, so i took it to a repair shop, they wiped it and reinstalled windows. All works well now, except i can not remember the email that...
  7. lost windows user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. lost desktop-user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost desktop-user profile: Last night my computer was acting weird - slow, hanging up, etc. I turned it off. The monitor turned off, but the computer stayed on. I unplugged it for fear there was some kind of intrusion that McAfee was not containing. This morning I plugged it back in and turned it on. A...
  9. Windows 10 update broken due to power failure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 update broken due to power failure: Dear friends, I have not studied software but I am using windows 10 for the last four years. I was using a tablet DELL VENUE 11 PRO 5130. The main battery of it dead now and I was using it pluged in to the line. Once it asked me to update and I cliked yes. Unfortunately the...
  10. Lost windows key due to harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost windows key due to harddrive failure: After having a hard drive failure recently and installing windows 10 on a new drive I can't gain access to my Old windows 10 key and don't know what to do about it. I've tried talking to support but they have not been helpful. I originally had windows 8 on this machine years...