Windows 10: Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by uklogistics, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files /folders / documents folders / photos , pretty much everything.When inspecting c:\users there is no backup of the users profile.This appears to happen when the user is logging onto the domain. In fact each time they restart , nothing is being saved to their profile, so the temporary profile isn't saving either! I cannot r

:)

uklogistics, Nov 29, 2021

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Nov 29, 2021
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update

I use a MS Surface. After a Windows 10 update, my user account profile disappeared. The windows login screen shows user accounts for: defaultuser1 and other user. Neither of those were there before update. I do not have an option to login nor bypass the
    listed accounts.

Please advise how to restore my user profile to login screen.

Celeste Edwards, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

1. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot - Similar Threads - user profiles disappears

2. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  3. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User: I followed a tutorial on YouTube that showed me how to rename my Users folder name thru Registry Editor. After renaming, I restarted my PC and my computer was blank besides what was left over in my old Users profile. I copied and pasted all the files back onto my profile, but...
  4. Windows 10 User Profile Resets After Reboot After Renaming User

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After rebooting my PC my user profile disappeared.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After rebooting my PC my user profile disappeared.: So I earlier this day I decided to change the status of my user from Administrator to device owner. In the evening I rebooted my computer to update it. After trying to log into my user, it got deleted and I worry there's no way to get it back. I've restarted my computer 6...
  6. After rebooting my PC my user profile disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After rebooting my PC my user profile disappeared.: So I earlier this day I decided to change the status of my user from Administrator to device owner. In the evening I rebooted my computer to update it. After trying to log into my user, it got deleted and I worry there's no way to get it back. I've restarted my computer 6...
  7. After rebooting my PC my user profile disappeared.

8. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  9. Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot

Windows 10 user profiles disappears after reboot: Hi.Today we have had several reports of users that their Windows 10 profile was deleted and temporary profile created when they logged onto their device. On closer inspection their recycling bin items have remained, but everything else has disappeared! Including desktop files...
  10. Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Work User Profile disappeared after Windows 10 update: I use a MS Surface. After a Windows 10 update, my user account profile disappeared. The windows login screen shows user accounts for: defaultuser1 and other user. Neither of those were there before update. I do not have an option to login nor bypass the listed accounts....