Windows 10: Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!

Discus and support Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Having been in the military, the best question left capable of being asked is one that has no anticipated answer. You having your demographic... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VGAstudent, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!

Having been in the military, the best question left capable of being asked is one that has no anticipated answer.

You having your demographic shopping list of user information is not appreciated and I DEMAND that you rethink your "security" if you believe having all of the answers pulled from public record is a good idea? My relatives are all a part of my family tree, my jobs are a part of my history, and my vehicles are a part of my purchase history. No, these questions serve no one but you. I demand that you remove them and replace them with a more secure method of accessing a customer's computer.

I will NOT discuss how to do this in public forums because I do not answer to trolls.

:)

VGAstudent, Mar 18, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 18, 2019
  3. How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, Mar 18, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED! capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED!

1. Windows 10 User Set Up: Your Security Questions (MANDATORY) ARE NOT APPRECIATED! - Similar Threads - User Set Security

2. Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory?: Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-setting-up-a-pin-for-windows-11-mandatory/d852798b-d7b7-4ab5-a068-ff0435bfdfdb
  3. Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory?: Is setting up a PIN for Windows 11 mandatory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-setting-up-a-pin-for-windows-11-mandatory/d852798b-d7b7-4ab5-a068-ff0435bfdfdb
  4. This is a security question for Windows 10 users.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This is a security question for Windows 10 users.: I have a Windows Security notice in my taskbar "Actions Required". Windows Security will not let me open or update my security or do a scan. What is this about and has anybody? encountered this?...
  5. This is a security question for Windows 10 users.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a security question for Windows 10 users.: I have a Windows Security notice in my taskbar "Actions Required". Windows Security will not let me open or update my security or do a scan. What is this about and has anybody? encountered this?...
  6. This is a security question for Windows 10 users.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Set up questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set up questions: What do I need to do to stop computer from sending gibberish to a remote unlisted printer during startup or reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-questions/fccb2b0f-27e1-425e-b9c8-7316d1ba5967
  8. Windows 10 Set Up Security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Set Up Security: Hi All. I am reaching out to what the best approach for remote assistance would suit, I am struggling to manage data in a compliant manner to suit all parties in addition to Windows, iOS and Android Security, to say I having a nightmare would be an understatement, any...
  9. How to create Mandatory User Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Mandatory User Profiles in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time system admins need to create a pre-configured user account which works with fixed settings. These profiles are called mandatory user profiles (one of many Unique profiles) in Windows 10. In this guide, we will share how you [...] This post How to...
  10. How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows setup security questions