Windows 10: Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Multiple installations of Windows 10 Professional do not have the "Startup" folder present in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nriacone, Jun 18, 2021.

1. nriacone Win User

Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing

Multiple installations of Windows 10 Professional do not have the "Startup" folder present in the "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder. All of the systems were installed in the same manner with the "Startup" present on some but not all. I have attached a screen shot showing the path.

:)

nriacone, Jun 18, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Missing Startup folder

In your Registry, do you have an entry in the right-hand side of User shell folders called Startup?
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    [the paths to Shell folders and User shell folders are similar but I always work with the User shell folders ones]

If so,
    1 What path does it currently point to [in its Data column]?
    2 Check that you have re-made the folder at %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup because step 3 will cause problems if the folder is not there.
    3 Only if the folder now exists, double-click on the icon of the Startup entry [at its left-hand end] and paste into its 'Value data' input box %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing [​IMG]

By the way, Tairiku's code was merely a method of doing this programatically. The /v thing is just part of the syntax necessary.

You might find that you need to reboot afterwards to check the effect of this change and, just possibly, you might also find that you need to manually move some of those entries that you said are currently in the ... \Programs folder.

I have never had to change the entry in the Shell folders [as well as the User shell folders] since it just seems to always follow whatever changes have been made in User shell folders but if the problem persists after a reboot, I don't think it would do any harm to manually change the Shell folders Startup entry yourself i.e. repeat steps 1-3.

Denis

Thema:

1. Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing - Similar Threads - User Startup Folder

2. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  3. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder is Missing: I pulled a user's HDD from their PC to get some files from it. The drive boots fine and I can log in with the user's credentials, but I cannot get this PC to stay online more than a few seconds after Windows boots. The power supply is the culprit. We're replacing the PC since...
  4. User Folder is Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User Folder Missing

User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  6. User Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Folder Missing: Help!!!My user folder suddenly went missing on the USER FOLDER in Drive C, but I think it made it's own location. How to I get it back. I am the only user and admin of my computer btw.As you can see it is not here:But if you look to the left pane it is there and had it's own...
  7. User Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 User Startup Folder Missing: Multiple installations of Windows 10 Professional do not have the "Startup" folder present in the "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder. All of the systems were installed in the same manner with the "Startup" present on some but not all....
  9. Users Folder Missing

Users Folder Missing: Today I was trying to set up Microsoft Teams and it wouldn't find the 'AppData' .exe, so I change 'C:\Users\' properties to "show hidden files", and after I did that, most of my desktop shortcuts vanished, I when I tried to access anything from "C\:Users" I saw that the whole...
  10. Missing Startup folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Startup folder: Microsoft Windows version 1909(OS Build 18363.719) I opened Start Menu and deleted folder "Startup", which is supposed to be in: \User\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and here at end is supposed to be folder named "Startup" Folder "Startup" is needed...