Windows 10: Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

Discus and support Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My UserName is BemZ when I sign in with my Microsoft account on PC, the name of my User keeps changing every time between Local NameBemZ and my full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zouhair Bem, May 5, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

My UserName is BemZ when I sign in with my Microsoft account on PC, the name of my User keeps changing every time between Local NameBemZ and my full name on my MS Account Zouhair Bem i can see that throw my user icon on my desktop, and I need to be Local Name BemZ forever, even my ms account is still signed in. any Solution to fix that?

:)

Zouhair Bem, May 5, 2022

2. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, May 5, 2022
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    How to change local account name?

Jayson,

if you want to change the name of a local user account, go to

Control panel,

User accounts,

Change your accounts name.

If you want to change the name of the C:\Users\UserName folder that an account uses then follow the procedure given in

Change Name of User Profile Folder - TenForums

Denis

Tryx3, May 5, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

Shawn Brink, May 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

1. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!! - Similar Threads - Username keep changing

2. Windows/MS office Account name change not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows/MS office Account name change not working: Hello. After a factory reset I unfortunately entered a wrong name when setting up windows. Now the wrong name shows up as my account name when I start up windows, and also on every email I sent out. I tried to change the account name in the windows control panel but it...
  3. Windows/MS office Account name change not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/MS office Account name change not working: Hello. After a factory reset I unfortunately entered a wrong name when setting up windows. Now the wrong name shows up as my account name when I start up windows, and also on every email I sent out. I tried to change the account name in the windows control panel but it...
  4. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!: My UserName is BemZ when I sign in with my Microsoft account on PC, the name of my User keeps changing every time between Local NameBemZ and my full name on my MS Account Zouhair Bem i can see that throw my user icon on my desktop, and I need to be Local Name BemZ forever,...
  5. Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Username keep changing between Local name and my MS Account name !!!: My UserName is BemZ when I sign in with my Microsoft account on PC, the name of my User keeps changing every time between Local NameBemZ and my full name on my MS Account Zouhair Bem i can see that throw my user icon on my desktop, and I need to be Local Name BemZ forever,...
  6. My Local User Account Name

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Local User Account Name: I want to set up a local user account named 'Roger". It is important that I use that name and no other. Unfortunately, I set it up once before and then deleted it for a reason that I won't go into.. So I tried to set it up again a few days later and it will not allow me to...
  7. Changing local account username in Windows 10

Changing local account username in Windows 10: Hi All, I would like to change my local windows account in windows 10 home. but strangely I do not see any option. Dont think it is an advance setting for it to be so hard to find. I am only seeing "sign in to microsoft account" under Account settings. Please let me...
  8. Conflict between MS account name and email address

Conflict between MS account name and email address: Hi, I have one personal MS account called *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've had this for a few years and can access it fine, including live mail It has one email address associated with it, also called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I have...
  9. Child account name changed to my name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child account name changed to my name: All seemed fine for a few days, her name was listed. But recently there are two accounts named Mike magee. Hence why I added dad to it as a work around. When I 1st set up for account it is important to note that I made the selection to sign in to her Microsoft account using...
  10. Change PC name on MS account after changing locally

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change PC name on MS account after changing locally: Hi I bought a new surface and set it up. It doesnt ask for PC name during setup, only after you are in. So now in MS account devices online, the pc name is something like desktop-767shdjs I cant recognize that, so I want to change it for the name I have just given it, a...