Windows 10: Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

Discus and support Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a former Mac user who recently bought a Windows 10 laptop. While initially setting up the Windows from scratch, I opted to use the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by skullsbymike, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

I'm a former Mac user who recently bought a Windows 10 laptop. While initially setting up the Windows from scratch, I opted to use the Microsoft Account which I had since the XP days rather than creating a local user. I don't remember the exact information asked in that setup, but my username now <My First Name> minus the last letter. For example, let us say the first name I entered was Oliver the username currently is Olive. I wouldn't have cared for that since my Microsoft Account's full name is always displayed where the username would have been. However, since I'm a developer, I keep looking at Olive every time I use the command line. I'm now wondering if anything else tops your name ruined better than this. I've tried most of the username-changing tutorials online that I was sure weren't going to break anything. I've even tried resetting Windows opting for a complete reset without preserving any data. I wasn't asked anything more than email, password and full name this time. Still, the username misses that last letter. Can someone please help me with this? I don't have much Windows experience.

:)

skullsbymike, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters :(

Zakin, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

1. Windows 10 username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters - Similar Threads - username setup Microsoft

2. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  3. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  4. Microsoft account windows username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account windows username: I changed my windows User name a few months ago, everything worked fine since then,This week out of nowhere my apps one by one stopped working due to them trying to find a path that lead to my old username and I had no way of changing that path for the apps, even if I...
  5. Microsoft account windows username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account windows username: I changed my windows User name a few months ago, everything worked fine since then,This week out of nowhere my apps one by one stopped working due to them trying to find a path that lead to my old username and I had no way of changing that path for the apps, even if I...
  6. Setup Windows with other username

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup Windows with other username: By default Windows is setup with the username used as home folder name. as my email address is pretty long it adds to the whole path of everything in it. There is a maximum length of path names. So I tend to use a single character logon name. After that I connect to tha cloud...
  7. Windows username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows username setup with the Microsoft Account isn't displaying all the letters: I'm a former Mac user who recently bought a Windows laptop. While initially setting up the Windows from scratch, I opted to use the Microsoft Account which I had since the XP days rather than creating a local user. I don't remember the exact information asked in that setup,...
  8. No windows 10 setup display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No windows 10 setup display: I finished building my pc today and I’m trying to install windows 10 but when I plug in my flash drive and start my pc no display pops up I’ve checked my files none are corrupted but nothing pops up submitted by /u/Monkass2004 [link] [comments]...
  9. Missing last letter of Username in Windows 10 Pro

Missing last letter of Username in Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I use Microsoft Account for Sign-in option for my Windows 10 Pro. When I install this Windows I found one missing letter the last one of my username in "C:\Users". After searching some options to rename it finally I found this instruction https://youtu.be/J_rTOA4gXJI...
  10. display so white letters and all

display so white letters and all: my alphabet are so white I darken the screen but it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-so-white-letters-and-all/25060ea9-7115-41a5-bc97-a306c407db3f