Windows 10: Windows 10 Users and Groups

Discus and support Windows 10 Users and Groups in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am a Linux system administrator and I recently changed one of my servers to Windows 10. Some of you may know but In Linux, you have root which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fedqx, Jun 23, 2020.

1. /u/fedqx Win User

Windows 10 Users and Groups

Hi, I am a Linux system administrator and I recently changed one of my servers to Windows 10. Some of you may know but In Linux, you have root which can access everything. But in windows, It seems more complex with SYSTEM, Administrators, and individual users. Can someone explain/point me to a resource?

TL;DR: Explain Windows 10 Users and Groups to and Linux sysadmin.

submitted by /u/fedqx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fedqx, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. Windows 10 Users and Groups :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Jun 23, 2020
  3. hooked Win User
    Show Local users and Groups

Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Users and Groups - Similar Threads - Users Groups

2. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  3. Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local groups not visible in Local Users and Groups MMC.: I tried to remove one built in account from SAM database in Windows Server 2022. After that, the built in account got removed, but in local users and groups mmc, I am not able to see local groups. However, all local groups are present. I am able to see the local users, but...
  4. Looking for a link for users to request to join a G365 group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a link for users to request to join a G365 group: HelloI would like to let users request to join a G365 group, is there a way to achieve this ?I enabled the "approbation" optionThank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-link-for-users-to-request-to-join-a/320a95d0-42e2-4682-97a4-4bd97a2c64f1
  5. Looking for a link for users to request to join a G365 group

Looking for a link for users to request to join a G365 group: HelloI would like to let users request to join a G365 group, is there a way to achieve this ?I enabled the "approbation" optionThank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-for-a-link-for-users-to-request-to-join-a/320a95d0-42e2-4682-97a4-4bd97a2c64f1
  6. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  7. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  8. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

9. Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.: What are the differences between the Administrator and Advance User groups?I cannot find any information about the "Advanced User" group in the Microsoft documentation.What privileges does a user added to this group have?...
  10. Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.

Differences in local groups in windows 10/11: Administrator and advanced user.: What are the differences between the Administrator and Advance User groups?I cannot find any information about the "Advanced User" group in the Microsoft documentation.What privileges does a user added to this group have?...