Windows 10: Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware

Discus and support Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In addition to some pre-installed Windows 10 apps, Microsoft is also bundling others belonging to third parties, including Candy Crush Saga, a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Sumit Dhiman, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware

Read more here:
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/windo...9.shtml#sgal_0

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 12, 2016
  2. RPhilipS Win User

a once compatibile program no works on windows 10

I have been running a program (Open Rails) on my Windows 10 computer, since its introduction. On Thursday my computer was updated and now the program will no longer run. All that happens when I try to run OPEN RAILS, is I receive the message "Open Rails
    has stopped working". I went to the Update page and there I tried to download the results of the recent update and another message appeared saying the Microsoft Edge is not compatible. What was updated and how can I get back to again being able to run "Open
    Rails" on my Windows 10 computer?

Let me know if I can provide some information from my computer.

Thank you

RPhilipS, Jan 12, 2016
  3. 1511 build 10586

1-You cant sue MS you signed away your rights by downloading the software

2-MS cannot possibly investigate every possible permutation of hardware, operating systems, updates, malware, other user installed software that is incompatible, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Instead of railing against it care to tell exactly what you have done to try and trouble shoot it?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 12, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware

I would not mind keeping them If I have space and the unused apps doesn't affect my device performance.

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 12, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Same here, they just remain unused, no biggie in my opinion. I uninstalled a bunch in the beginning, but then my system was downloading lib files many times a day, for apps that weren't there any more, so I reinstalled the app and now have peace.

Cliff S, Jan 12, 2016
  6. I will simply say, Microsoft has bundled only useful and popular apps. There is nothing like bloatware. It's true that they are collecting data.

chunnuhardy, Jan 12, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    MS is collecting data on app usage and nothing else.

BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  8. Barman58 Win User

Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware

Another day, another pointless self promoting sales pitch from softpedia *Sleepy *Sick

Barman58, Jan 12, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Yup.. I really can't take a site like that serious. They generate more heat than light.

BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    Wouldn't be nice to go back in time when most users weren't even connected to the Internet and you had to install, for example, Encyclopedia Britannica from a 7 DVD package?
    No? I didn't think so. *Wink

Edwin, Jan 12, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Or like, 70 floppy disks. *Wink

BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    I beg to differ.
    Bloatware is bloatware, whether it comes from HP, Microsoft, or any software manufacturer.
    If it is not OK with you when you get it with a new laptop then it is not going to be OK with you if you get it with your OS or AV Program.
    Some people are very OCD when it comes to their Personal Computers *Redface and want to be in complete control of what happens to them. All of these intrusions that change and configure the machine without the owners knowledge or consent is annoying at best.

That said, if Microsoft is going to stick with the plan of not rolling out a new version of Windows, but simply upgrading Windows 10 in place, then they are going to need to find an alternate way to make money from the OS, and selling rights to have your time-sink game automatically included would be a logical way to do that.

This does not make me a Luddite wishing I had my dial-up modem back.
    It means I am concerned that we are moving towards a world where you only get to rent your life and you don't get to actually own or control anything - your digital life anyways.

13. LEE
    Lee Win User

I am starting to think (not something folks want happening)that some folks need to take a step back, and think it is time to give up using a computer. This same topic is on just about every OS site on the internet. Mac OS X, Linux, Android, etc. Now Boys, and Girls just take a chill pill, and uninstall all the bloat or whatever it is called, and be happy. . .*Party

14. BunnyJ New Member
    +100000 And give the size of SSD's and HDD's today is it really an issue??

BunnyJ, Jan 12, 2016
  15. Niall Win User
    Well, I looked right through the pre-installed apps, looking for "bloatware" to uninstall, using the powershell method, and most of the apps/programs that I'll never use on my PC or tab (phone, people, contact support, etc.) are so small it wasn't worth the bother. As long as you can uninstall it without going through the hassle of powershell, who cares?

Niall, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware - Similar Threads - Users Rail Against

2. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  3. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  4. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bloatware included in microsoft ten

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bloatware included in microsoft ten: Hello, i have noticed there is bloatware in the newest version of microsoft windows that i am unable to remove and would like to know how to uninstall microsoft edge...
  6. Start rail

Start rail: What is the rail and why doesn't it expand on hover like ChangeWindows.org says it will on 19H1 (May 2019 update)? Is this something that was not actually released with the May 2019 update? If it is what I believe it to be, it works on my Insider Preview machine, currently on...
  7. Lawsuit Against Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lawsuit Against Microsoft?: This issue is ongoing now for 2+ months since the release of 1903, Windows is capping users internet speeds, I have posted this already, submitted a feedback, talked to microsoft support, and it isnt being tracked on there "Known" issues. So im asking wonder how fast...
  8. Bloatware Windows 10

Bloatware Windows 10: Way more smarter people on forum. I am in Powershell looking at all my packages. Just curious what stuff does? Microsoft.AsyncTextService_8wekyb3d8bbwe What is it?...
  9. WIndows bloatware

WIndows bloatware: Hi, Now and then I have to reinstall my Windows 10 system and every-time it automatically starts downloading various bloatware, junk and garbage games, dodgy apps and general nonsense. Can I somehow disable it during installation? Even when I block all preinstalled...
  10. Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free

in Windows 10 News
    Users Want Windows 10 to Be Bloatware-Free: It's a well-known fact that many OEMs and retailers across the world are shipping Windows computers, no matter the OS version installed, with lots of useless software solutions that do nothing more than to slow down the PCs themselves and to create additional issues....