Windows 10: Windows 10 uses over 3.5gb ram at idle, Help

Discus and support Windows 10 uses over 3.5gb ram at idle, Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Miss_barfin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlsdzn/windows_10_uses_over_35gb_ram_at_idle_help/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Miss_barfin, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 uses over 3.5gb ram at idle, Help

/u/Miss_barfin, Oct 31, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

High idle ram usage 8gb using 60%

"ram usage at idle is 60%"

- Not a fix for your unknown RAM use (Greg's suggestions should help with that), and this only adds up to a bit under 1GB use but...

A system is not at idle with around eight Chrome browser Windows and tabs open.

Discord, and two active searches. Not to mention a system hogging 'Anti-malware' program.

Desktop Window Manager is using more than usual as well.

- It looks like you have a bit of DELL bloatware running too.

- What is the RAM use straight after re-booting Windows ?

BossDweeb, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Crossfire - 2900XT - BSOD above 5GB RAM

Many thanks for suggestions:

- memtest86+1.7.iso was used and showed all 8GB OK
    - Now tried all combinations for the Crossfire internal bridges - no change to memory being reported

So, I have a Crossfire-enabled system but cannot get it to run above 5gb and when 8GB worth of RAM is inserted it BSODs.

Any further suggestions welcome...

collinsray, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Renoxxed Win User

Windows 10 uses over 3.5gb ram at idle, Help

Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle

Does that mean that if I revert back to Windows 7, it'll be much faster and less RAM would be used?

Renoxxed, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 uses over 3.5gb ram at idle, Help

1. Windows 10 uses over 3.5gb ram at idle, Help - Similar Threads - uses 5gb ram

2. Over 20GB of RAM used in idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Over 20GB of RAM used in idle: I am experiencing very high ram usage after a longer while of using PC. I suppose it's a memory leak, but I have no idea how to find the cause of that problem. Specs are ryzen 7 7800x3d, rx 7900xtx, win11, 32GB ddr5 memory. I've installed both RamMap and Poolmon, but I am not...
  3. Over 20GB of RAM used in idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Over 20GB of RAM used in idle: I am experiencing very high ram usage after a longer while of using PC. I suppose it's a memory leak, but I have no idea how to find the cause of that problem. Specs are ryzen 7 7800x3d, rx 7900xtx, win11, 32GB ddr5 memory. I've installed both RamMap and Poolmon, but I am not...
  4. Issue with files over 5GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with files over 5GB: Is there any workaround for the inability to copy/cut-paste/download files over 5GB in size? Sometimes, such files successfully download, but then I am unable to move them to flash drives, external HD, etc, sometimes they won't even download successfully error message -...
  5. Issue with files over 5GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with files over 5GB: Is there any workaround for the inability to copy/cut-paste/download files over 5GB in size? Sometimes, such files successfully download, but then I am unable to move them to flash drives, external HD, etc, sometimes they won't even download successfully error message -...
  6. Windows using 4GB ram at idle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows using 4GB ram at idle: I noticed that my windows is using 4GB of ram 2x4GB 1666MHz, my motherboard supports maximum of 1333.I tried this: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/9qhk6x/if_your_computer_is_using_around_4050_ram_while/ but it didn't changed anything.I also tried this...
  7. Windows 10 uses too much RAM in idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 uses too much RAM in idle: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hakurn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgteve/windows_10_uses_too_much_ram_in_idle/
  8. Idle ram usage over 8 GB??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Idle ram usage over 8 GB??: My few months old HP omen 15 2020 with 16gb ram, i7 10750H and 2060 geforce rtx scared me a lot this morning. The keyboard felt little laggy like it was using lot of ram so I opened the omen center and found out that the laptop is using 8,16 gb ram with no programs open??...
  9. Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 uses 2GB RAM on idle: I have an Acer laptop, that runs on Windows 10. I have major issues with it, like it being slow. But I'm concerned about it using 2GB RAM on idle. I only have 4GB RAM, which bothers me a lot. I was wondering if there is any fix, so I am contacting you guys. And by the way,...
  10. Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle?: Why Windows 10 use 1gb of ram at idle (32bit)? Can I turn of something? Thats too much. Windows 8.1 used below 500mb. Also my part of the screen on the left is black. I have radeon 4650, windows found drivers but probably I will need drivers from radeon but on the web...